502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth buying the extended 2yr. waranty for 59.99? Not to familiar with the system, didn't know if they break alot or what...

·
Libertarian
4,480 Posts
I didn't get one recently but I'm unsure of the risk. Hopefully I won't need one.

·
Premium Member
13,571 Posts
No, they come standard with a 3 year microsoft warranty that covers hardware failure. The new ones are plenty reliable.

The only benefit to the extended warranty would be in-store replacement vs mailing yours back to microsoft for repair/replacement.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, they come standard with a 3 year microsoft warranty that covers hardware failure. The new ones are plenty reliable.

The only benefit to the extended warranty would be in-store replacement vs mailing yours back to microsoft for repair/replacement.
oh, ok thanks man. Had no idea it had the 3 year warranty, guess i dont know how to read lol

·
Premium Member
13,571 Posts
oh, ok thanks man. Had no idea it had the 3 year warranty, guess i dont know how to read lol

It was only announced late summer, and only because the older consoles were having a high failure rate. MS addressed the issues by extending the warranty to 3 years, and by changing parts used.

I went through 4 360s, and now own my 5th, which is one of the newest available. It should last...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was only announced late summer, and only because the older consoles were having a high failure rate. MS addressed the issues by extending the warranty to 3 years, and by changing parts used.

I went through 4 360s, and now own my 5th, which is one of the newest available. It should last...
cool, thanks.

·
Blah!
10,800 Posts
Wow....I'd say you probably spent more time waiting for your 360's to come back from repairs than playing them. ;)

IMO I think it would be worth it to be able to just return your system if it failed rather than messing with Microsoft.

·
Premium Member
13,571 Posts
Wow....I'd say you probably spent more time waiting for your 360's to come back from repairs than playing them. ;)

IMO I think it would be worth it to be able to just return your system if it failed rather than messing with Microsoft.

Well, i had the gamestop 1 year warranty on the 1st 3, so I just replaced it there... figured I wouldnt need it on the 4th, so when it died I had to send it back to MS. In the mean time, i went out and bought an Arcade w/HDMI, and sold the replacement to Andy when it arrived.

for 60, its not a bad deal for 2 years, since the gamestop 1 year was 30.

·
Blah!
10,800 Posts
Gamestop told me they don't offer that warranty anymore due to Microsofts request.

·
4 Door Sleeper
1,405 Posts
i must have some insane luck, still got my release day xbox360

·
Premium Member
13,571 Posts
Gamestop told me they don't offer that warranty anymore due to Microsofts request.
The only thing better about it was the convenience of instant replacement. After spending almost 100 bucks on em, it just wasnt worth it anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts