502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Subie-Subie?!?!
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else ever gotten this? I used my 360 last night and it worked perfectly watching a DVD (knocked up) turned it off and went to sleep, tried to turn it on today and the 4th quadrant in the RoL flashes red, and gives me the error code on the screen. Supposedly its a DVD or firmware problem? I got the DVD out, but this fucking sucks, did the DVD do this? I called support and they were no help at all and scheduled a repair, its going to take 3-5 weeks though, anyone know anything else I can do to fix the problem?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome to Microsoft. I got the three rings after a week of having my first one.

·
\""/ + ( . Y . )
18,730 Posts
Welcome to Microsoft. I got the three rings after a week of having my first one.
GTFO

i would neg rep you for this worthless comment, but i already did that once today.

·
Subie-Subie?!?!
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's BS because how can a problem arise just from the system sitting there? it worked fine with the DVD, then the next day it doesn't work when it was untouched? plus it just sucks that it is going to take 3-5 weeks, I'm just not happy sorry, I know it happens, I was just seeing if anyone on the board knew of anything else about this error code.

·
Registered
260 Posts
GTFO

i would neg rep you for this worthless comment, but i already did that once today.
Just stating a fact jackass. I had a 360 once too. Go ahead and give me negative rep all day long if you think it bothers me. What a douchebag. BTW, since your so worried about rep I guess I'll give you a little.

·
Registered
260 Posts
if M icrosoft customer service had a rep bar i would neg rep them for sure, outsourcing ftl.
LOL, when I had my 360 I would have been steadily giving them negative rep. There were sooooo many things that got under my skin about microsoft when I owned my 360. And the funny thing was it was the little shit that pissed me off the most. Like the fact that you were not allowed to transfer your gamer profile using a jump drive. You had to go out and buy Microsoft's rediculously priced memory card. Also, the fact that if I wanted to put up a different theme or avatar I had to pay for it. That's freaking rediculous to pay for a 100x100 pixel picture. Anyways, I'll stop bitching now.

·
Moderator (again)
12,752 Posts
if M icrosoft customer service had a rep bar i would neg rep them for sure, outsourcing ftl.
i called them today. i spoke with a representative that was nice, and sympathetic to my situation. i then got transfered to a supervisor that was a complete dick.

my drive is failing, it is working right now, but it won't be in a week. my 360 is out of warranty, and the repair is 99.00. this isn't a bad price, but i don't want to pay it as this would be my 4th console.

the guy just kept trying to get my credit card number. i asked him simple questions like "will i get a new chipset" or "can i upgrade to an elite for some more money." he just kept telling me i get a free month of live and another year warranty. that is great and all, but they will replace my box with another refurbished model, that will break in a year. all the while new upgraded boxes are hitting the shelves daily.

i have sent emails to xbox and microsoft corporate as a final plea. we will see what happens.

anyway. i will end up paying the 99.00 and then i am selling my 360 to pick up an elite.

·
Registered
260 Posts
This is going to sound like I'm being a dick but I'm really not. Just cut your losses and buy a PS3. I still haven't heard of any of them going down. After my second 360 took a shit on me that's what I did. Had it since Oct. 9, 06 and still no problems. Just a thought.

·
sar - ko - uh
3,368 Posts
This is going to sound like I'm being a dick but I'm really not. Just cut your losses and buy a PS3. I still haven't heard of any of them going down. After my second 360 took a shit on me that's what I did. Had it since Oct. 9, 06 and still no problems. Just a thought.
I'll bet you a thousand dollars you didn't have a ps3 on 10/9/06.

·
Moderator (again)
12,752 Posts
i have a ps3. i have had a ps3 since they launched. i stood in line for 3 days for it.

having a ps3 doesn't help me play games with everyone that i know having a 360.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts