502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The P stands for Awesome
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had mine taken out...and my mouth is still all numb and stuff :( they gave me 8 shots of whatever it was to numb my mouth...its really annoying, my bottom lip feels huge. However they had them out in like 15 mins...Im not really worried about anything except the whole dry socket thing...any info on that?

·
The Heartbeat of America
2,486 Posts
just dont use a straw i just had mine taken out. keep the hole clean. gargle everynight to get all the food out of them

·
The P stands for Awesome
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i dont think it will be that bad once this numbness goes away...im seriously numb up to my eye on one side of my face...
I finally took the gauze out...and yeah

·
Subie-Subie?!?!
1,658 Posts
I had mine done over winter break, they asked me if I just wanted to be numb, or be out of it, I asked to be out of it and don't remember the whole hour it took for everything. Not that bad of pain, but I just ate the percocet they gave me for like 4 days straight, never had dry sockets and I was eating by like the 2nd day

·
why so curious?
8,972 Posts
I had dry sockets with mine. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. I had no pain whatsoever for the first 4 days. I actually went and test drove cars the next 2 days while I was off work. Then I took two drags off a cigarette and it fucked me.

I'm talking curled up in the fetal position at the Kroger Pharmacy because I ran out of medicine pain.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
I had dry sockets with mine. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. I had no pain whatsoever for the first 4 days. I actually went and test drove cars the next 2 days while I was off work. Then I took two drags off a cigarette and it fucked me.

I'm talking curled up in the fetal position at the Kroger Pharmacy because I ran out of medicine pain.
LOL. I really need to have mine taken out. Hopefully I can get it done over spring break. WTF is a dry socket?

·
The P stands for Awesome
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh, Ive heard...they blow like something severe...good thing I dont smoke or anything...and Im sure I can not drink out of a straw :)

·
Haters gonna Hate
2,994 Posts
When I had mine taken out, I was knocked out and it took over 2 hours because the roots had grown into my jaw bone. Turned out I even had to have a section of the top part of my jaw bone removed!

I lived off of pain medicine for like a week and a half. My dad got a big kick out of me trying to eat some soup. Just don't sip the soup either cause any kind of "sucking" action can cause a dry socket. I was a dumbass and took one drag off my dad's cigg and I was fucked. Thank God for pain meds!!!

·
LADIES! Do you ever...
1,882 Posts
The worst part of mine was the fact that they left sharp bone sticking up and a little piece of bone worked it's way through the gum. It was disgusting.

·
Still Sippin' Their Kool-Aid
10,681 Posts
Did they give you a cleaning instrument, looks kinda like a syringe, to squirt water into the holes? If so, use it when you wake up, before bed and after you eat anything. I still got dry sockets, but it was b/c the stitches popped out, and as everyone has said it was some of the most agonizing pain I've ever been in.

·
Still Sippin' Their Kool-Aid
10,681 Posts
What is a dry socket?
When the blood clot that is in the hole where your wisdom tooth was is lost. The clot acts as a scab and when it's gone it exposes an open wound along with nerve endings and usually bone inside your mouth. It's very painful but more or less harmless. You can develop an infection though and that just makes things even more painful and the healing process even more prolonged.

·
formerly nissanzxman
6,385 Posts
When you have them taken out a blood clot forms in the hole. If you do something stupid, like suck on something, it can dislodge the clot and then a hole is opened all the way down to the nerve endings deep in your jaw.

They say it is one of the most painful things we can do as humans. I was lucky and mine turned out fine.

·
I'm thinking Arby's
9,907 Posts
damn guess I won't be getting domed up by you tonight, guess I will hit your mom up even though she is a little bit more pricey:loco:

·
The P stands for Awesome
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They didnt give me anything to clean it with...The pain really isnt all that bad, it will probably get worse though
It sucked hardcore when my mouth/tounge/face was numb

·
Thread Killer
704 Posts
Mine were great. I only used maybe 3 kick ass pain killers and drank the 2nd night after they came out. I still have a ton of pills left over for a rainy day.

·
The P stands for Awesome
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I wish I still had some pain killers left :sad2:
or being able to eat normal food when i wanted to would be nice, either or

·
Seth Tecnica International
19,154 Posts
I can't believe you took them all. I took MAYBE two, and that was just because my mom told me to the first day or so.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts