502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Lament Configuration
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a place to get my windows tinted. I'm wanting 5% all the way around, and yes I'm aware of the fact that it is not legal. I'm expecting to pay cash for such a job obviously, but I want to go somewhere that will do flawless work. Searching didn't return any threads on this topic that were anywhere close to being recent.

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
I think Extreme Autosound on Bardstown rd does tinting. Never had work done there, just know John from 4wheelin, and he works there.

·
Yakuza
8,543 Posts
I think Extreme Autosound on Bardstown rd does tinting. Never had work done there, just know John from 4wheelin, and he works there.
Thats where I plan on going. He does good work too.

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
Amen to that.. Had him balance a set of tires for me, since his balancer is balla can handle dubZ! It took a couple tries but he made it right, and thats a +1 in my book.

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
roberts did a mediocre job on my vr4 and now i have some film peeling up on the drivers window on the wrx that they did.
pro tint did my jeep and it's great so far.
wheel play did my lexus and it's just ok, a couple flaws.

·
Epic Beard Man's Apprentice
4,413 Posts
I have 5% done all around on my eclipse, Night time is a bitch no doubt, but you get used to it, I havent hit anything yet ::knocks on wood::

·
Lament Configuration
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This will be my third car with 5%, so I'm aware of the issues that come with it.

·
Lament Configuration
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
5% is sweet to see out of at night.
yeah 20% is too dark for me. i cant even imagine what 5% percent would be like lol.

but yeah i would go with roberts. they did a great job on my civic. ive heard good thing about stebbins tinting and i believe he is a member on here? i wanted to go to him but it was a bit of a drive for me.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
i got mine done at discount audio on poplar level rd. if you request the main tinter (i cant remember his name, but his name is on the side of the building when you drive in), he does a pretty good job if you ask me. i had it done the first time by some dumbass and he messed it up, took it back and it was done flawless by the main guy. the tint he uses is guaranteed for life and he guarantees his work for life.

EDIT. my tint wasnt really messed up, it just had a "crows foot" or crinkle in it. pretty small, but i noticed it.

·
Nitrous Dango
1,085 Posts
Bill Stebbins hands down. Only person Id EVER let tint the iwndowso n my cars. Unless Pro Tint has gotten betteri n the last few years, they suck BADLY....they did 2 of my old cars and they SUCKED.

www.stebbinstinting.com

·
Epic Beard Man's Apprentice
4,413 Posts
Jordan's in radcliff did my 5%, they took my credit card as well, they didnt give a fuck haha

my family has been using jordans for going on 15yrs , and never had a single issue

1 - 20 of 42 Posts