502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
BANNED
1,393 Posts
how local? Highwater is right across the river in Indiana and its decent for an ATV although more fun in a jeep/truck.

Livingston, Badlands, Land Between the Lakes, etc., it just depends on how far you want to travel.

·
Stunt Cock
639 Posts
BigSmith23 said:
how local? Highwater is right across the river in Indiana and its decent for an ATV although more fun in a jeep/truck.

Livingston, Badlands, Land Between the Lakes, etc., it just depends on how far you want to travel.
How close is Highwater? Pretty decent truck trails??

·
BANNED
1,393 Posts
highwater is like minutes from the gambling boat. its probably a 25-30min ride total from C-Wood. we have gone in everything from a stock toyota tacoma to a decently built Jeep w/ 38" tires. its fun for all vehicles IMO. the cops have closed down some of the trails and there may be more closed as i havent been in about 6 months or so. if you are a decent driver and know the limits of your vehicle, you can get around just fine up there w/ decent 31" tires. the problem isnt really the difficulty of trails as it is people up there w/ 40" tires making nasty ruts for us to fall into. also, natural erosion has begun to take its toll. that being said, its not hard to keep away from the ruts and there are some nice technical hillclimbs to take on.

if you guys want to roll up there some time, just let me know.

·
Moderator (again)
12,752 Posts
IDontKnow said:
i prefer koetter bottem
obviously you havent been out there lately, considering it has been demolished for a highway...

1/2 of highwater is illegal to ride on, and the owner is very serious about keeping people off of his property.

·
BANNED
1,393 Posts
mr20turbo said:
1/2 of highwater is illegal to ride on, and the owner is very serious about keeping people off of his property.
i suppose this 1/2 is the section to the left where the dump was? its all fenced in now w/ some sort of camera device, or so it seems. we bypassed that last time and just climbed up the big hill on the left right before the dump.

i'll be honest though, i have heard my fair share of gunshots out there.

·
Moderator (again)
12,752 Posts
BigSmith23 said:
i suppose this 1/2 is the section to the left where the dump was? its all fenced in now w/ some sort of camera device, or so it seems. we bypassed that last time and just climbed up the big hill on the left right before the dump.

i'll be honest though, i have heard my fair share of gunshots out there.
i believe it is the top of the hill that the owner(s) are anal about, last time i went there i was chased by an odessy all through that place. i will never go back

·
I'm a dick
4,073 Posts
mr20turbo said:
obviously you havent been out there lately, considering it has been demolished for a highway...

actually i was out there 2 weeks ago. looked fine to me

went threw about 3/4 of the trails out there. didn't see a thing

plan on going this weekend or somet time soon before it gets cold and shit

·
Moderator (again)
12,752 Posts
IDontKnow said:
actually i was out there 2 weeks ago. looked fine to me

went threw about 3/4 of the trails out there. didn't see a thing

plan on going this weekend or somet time soon before it gets cold and shit
which bottoms, by the lake? or behind the schoolhouse, cause around the lake is FAWKED from what it used to be (borden side)

·
I'm a dick
4,073 Posts
been on both sides of the lake. came down by the apts. up there and drove down around those trails and then went across the lake and road all the way to borden. there is a couple of trails we didn't go on becuase of fallen trees. we didn't ride on the other side of the damn, if you are looking at the damn, not the side were there are trails going up the hill but the other end of the damn were it goes into the hill. those trails over there are coverd with trees that have fallen

·
BANNED
1,393 Posts
mr20turbo said:
i believe it is the top of the hill that the owner(s) are anal about, last time i went there i was chased by an odessy all through that place. i will never go back
what do you mean by odessy? was it BigFoot or something?

·
Moderator (again)
12,752 Posts
BigSmith23 said:
what do you mean by odessy? was it BigFoot or something?
one of those all terrain go carts with fourwheeler tires, and a cage. the ones that sit really low to the ground.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
mr20turbo said:
which bottoms, by the lake? or behind the schoolhouse, cause around the lake is FAWKED from what it used to be (borden side)
what schoolhouse? I've been riding down at the resevoir for a while and it hasn't really changed much since I went down there the first time w/ my dad, which was prolly 7 or 8 years ago.

·
Moderator (again)
12,752 Posts
Unregistered said:
what schoolhouse? I've been riding down at the resevoir for a while and it hasn't really changed much since I went down there the first time w/ my dad, which was prolly 7 or 8 years ago.
last time i had been to the resevoir it was FUCKED, bull dozers had tore the place up, maybe the enviornment has done its job and healed some of the wounds, i havent been down in a while because of the shape it was in.

the school house isnt really the bottoms, but a lot of people get confused and call it so. the school in starlight, where the strawberry festival is. go through that field, drop of the hill, and there is some nice secluded riding.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
mr20turbo said:
last time i had been to the resevoir it was FUCKED, bull dozers had tore the place up, maybe the enviornment has done its job and healed some of the wounds, i havent been down in a while because of the shape it was in.

the school house isnt really the bottoms, but a lot of people get confused and call it so. the school in starlight, where the strawberry festival is. go through that field, drop of the hill, and there is some nice secluded riding.
The Koetters did kinda tear things up down there when they first bought it, but things have cleaned up since then. The main problem I saw was all the trees they knocked over, making it difficult to get around. Most of the trees have been cut up and pushed outta the way since then so it's not really that bad.

only been on the trails behind St. John's (that's the school) once, a looong time ago w/ my grandpa and a couple cousins. I'll hafta check it out again before it gets cold.

·
Moderator (again)
12,752 Posts
Unregistered said:
The Koetters did kinda tear things up down there when they first bought it, but things have cleaned up since then. The main problem I saw was all the trees they knocked over, making it difficult to get around. Most of the trees have been cut up and pushed outta the way since then so it's not really that bad.

only been on the trails behind St. John's (that's the school) once, a looong time ago w/ my grandpa and a couple cousins. I'll hafta check it out again before it gets cold.

word is koetters are building a highway straight through the bottoms for a quicker entrance to the highway......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts