·
Premium Member
32,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.politicalcompass.org/

I got
http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=-3.62&soc=-3.59

As a commentary on the state of the US and it's 'choices' in a leader

Kinda hard to get all uppity when there's not that much disparity in where each stands, is there?

from the site:
In 2006, we're hearing more than ever from politiicians that 'right' and 'left' are no longer meaningful terms. To the contary, they're as meaningful as ever, providing that it's understood that they're simply defining economic positions. However, with all the main parties embracing to a greater or lesser extent the prevailing neoliberal economic orthodoxy, it's increasingly - and embarrassingly - difficult for them to define their economic differences. No wonder they're anxious to scrap this measure !

Voter turnout is highest when ideological differences are most significant. This helps explain why the voter turnout is lower in the US than in all other western democracies , most of which have a multiplicity of parties and proportional representation. In the UK, voter turnout may continue to fall to US levels. Lowering the voting age isn't likely to excite participation in elections when the choice is less and less to do with a clash of visions than mere managerial competence. And without those traditionally big choices, one might well wonder where this is going to ultimately leave democracy.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
the other white meat
1,279 Posts

well, i guess this means i am a hippy. this is just how i think the government should be, not how i would run it. id make stalin look like gandhi

·
4 Door Sleeper
1,405 Posts
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.56

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Wheres the option for bat shit, tin foil, in the woods with guns, crazy?

·
NIGHTVISION
1,366 Posts
north

Reactions: ShoeBull

·
Brutalizing Members Since 03
14,852 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Dirty Dirty Hippies....

·
LADIES! Do you ever...
1,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
lots of people in teh green....and only 2 candidates there...

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
here's mine

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts

That leaves me and goodluck as rightward economic libertarians. I'm in favor of smaller government in general, less overall social regulation, and corporate.

But still pretty in the middle.

·
4 Door Sleeper
1,405 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts