502 Street Scene Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As seen on other forums, here is a thread to discuss build plans, current work on your 4x4/atv/SxS/rail, or other miscellaneous off road toy. Ask questions, throw out ideas..... DO IT!

·
& Gang
25,168 Posts
I need to make up my mind if I'm keeping my XJ or not. I've put off doing everything to it since day one because I'd rather have something else, but I'd rather not pay for something else haha. Haven't even hooked up the lights on my roof rack. I should just start messing with it, then I'll want to keep it.

·
Belt Driven Hairdryer
3,833 Posts
if i had the room for an off road rig plus the mustang and the truck i'd have one. my dad does have a wrangler i can wheel when i want but i'd like something i could beat up and not be scared of hurting.

·
Lovin God!
352 Posts
Installed a new heater box, heater core, blower motor, and all the duct work in the commando today. All of this is out of a 70 ford torino. VERY hard to find in useable shape, but thanx to Ebay I found it all in near perfect condition for cheap. Why a torino box you ask? Its easier to find than the oe stuff, its very small, has very simple access for ductwork, and it is cable actuated like the original jeep equipment. And its what was already in it lol. Dad installed one back in 80. The old one was rusted out from a leaking heater core, the blower motor was locked up and all the duct work was MIA. I know this isn't an actual "mod", but I kinda needed heat lol

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Took the rad hose that blew last week off and cleaned all of the mud out of the rad.Man was that thing clogged no wonder it was running hot.

·
Is John Fucking Wayne
1,247 Posts
I went to have a "indestructable" driveshaft installed at a local shop that just finished rebuilding it and ended up with a winch. Funny how that works...

Installed new CPS and TPS sensors

Also turned my beat up ass fenders on my TJ into flatties courtesy of a 3lb sledge.

·
OH BOY!!!!
4,678 Posts
took the buggy out in the field yesterday and let her rip! Totally smoked a dirt pile that I hit at a wrong angle! dirt flew EVERYWHERE!!! It was crazy!

·
LEGG
6,302 Posts
Valve cover gasket and power steering belt lol

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I know the feeling:
Damn that looks like fun where was that at.

The other day i thought well i will take out the rad and clean it out.Gt the clutch fan off and got the rad out cleaned it.Put it all back together and there was already a fan bolt that had broke.When i was putting it back together i had another break on me.I when i gave it a high rev it bent the fan and broke the other 2 bolts.So i had to go get more bolts finally what seemed like all day i got it up and going and ready for some trails.

The fan bolts screw in then have like a locking nut that screws onto that.Kind of weird but i guess since it is foreign so who knows lol.

·
Is John Fucking Wayne
1,247 Posts
Damn that looks like fun where was that at.
That was Dtor at the playground.

I escaped that day pretty good. I only lost a front driveshaft, transfer case, alternator, shock mount, and hydrolocked it once but didn't damage any internals.

Back tires are about 2 ft off the ground

1 - 20 of 31 Posts