502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
that's one!
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i thought for once the mitsu section could have an educated discussion on water/meth injection. let's hear everything including if you run it and any other beneficial info you can add...

lets try to keep this a good learning thread for others who are interested in this topic or adding it to their vehicle!

as for me: i've been reading about it alot here of late just to gain more knowledge about modding a vehicle...seems like it could be a very affordable efficient mod for anyone's car. basically a injection system made up of a pump, tank, valve, solenoid, lines, and nozzle(s), injects either 100% water, 100% meth, or a mix of the two into the intercooler piping which goes into the motor as a mist. Here are the benefits: 100% h2o helps cleanse the motor as well as reducing heat in the combustion chamber and lowers intake temps...this helps with reducing knock and being able to run more boost and timing. 100% meth raises the octane level of the gas and boosts power as well as reducing knock and allowing for more timing and boost, however being it is a higher octane it does burn instead of cool and doesn't clean the motor like h2o does. a 50/50 mix gives you the best of both worlds.

there is way more to discuss, just thought i'd give a starting point.

it can be viewed as a cheat/cushion for a poor tune, or an increase in performance for high powered/well tuned/maxxed out vehicles.

·
Yakuza
8,543 Posts
been thinking about it for the Conquest. Anything to help keep the engine intact.

I guess my question is how hard is it to hook up and what is involved with tank location, mixture, etc?

·
LADIES! Do you ever...
1,882 Posts
I am interested in water/meth too, but I have decided to build a n/a beast instead of turbo. I think it will help me gain back the timing I will lose from the 12.5:1 comp. ratio. The best kit for the price I have seen is Cooling Mist.

·
Yakuza
8,543 Posts

·
RidgeShredder
1,143 Posts
I have run a SMC kit for a couple years. I am currently running a M10 nozzle.

A progressive controller system is far superior to a on/off switch system for tuning, performance, and safety (hydro-lock,washing the cylinder walls). Some controllers are based on boost (like mine) and some of the high end controllers are based of off IDC.

If you decide to go the injection route I would say that it is only a safety measure if you have a fail safe. The high end kits come with them but you can also use the Aquamist DDS3 as a add on fail safe system to any injection kit. Basically what they do is measure the flow of meth/water and if the flow falls below a certain amount, then it triggers a solenoid that is connected to your boost control to drop you to wastegate.

Just about all you will ever want to know resides here.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145

·
that's one!
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have run a SMC kit for a couple years. I am currently running a M10 nozzle.

A progressive controller system is far superior to a on/off switch system for tuning, performance, and safety (hydro-lock,washing the cylinder walls). Some controllers are based on boost (like mine) and some of the high end controllers are based of off IDC.

If you decide to go the injection route I would say that it is only a safety measure if you have a fail safe. The high end kits come with them but you can also use the Aquamist DDS3 as a add on fail safe system to any injection kit. Basically what they do is measure the flow of meth/water and if the flow falls below a certain amount, then it triggers a solenoid that is connected to your boost control to drop you to wastegate.

Just about all you will ever want to know resides here.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145

haha of course it's a subaru thread lol...you have an m10 nozzle? thats 10 mm correct? seems fairly large...i have been reading that ppl commonly use 5-6mm nozzles? anywho the connection is not to difficult and the mixture or how much to push through the motor when it injects is based upon simple calculations...however more elaborate responses would dignify how to "tune" your injection system for your setup.

·
RidgeShredder
1,143 Posts
haha of course it's a subaru thread lol...you have an m10 nozzle? thats 10 mm correct? seems fairly large...i have been reading that ppl commonly use 5-6mm nozzles? anywho the connection is not to difficult and the mixture or how much to push through the motor when it injects is based upon simple calculations...however more elaborate responses would dignify how to "tune" your injection system for your setup.
Some of those articles reference the evolutionm forums if that makes you feel better.

Not really sure if it stands for mm or not. I am running about 550 chp when it is on so its not to far off but we did dial down the pressure(see ease of tuning :) ). With the stock turbo I was running a m7 nozzle.

I am not some super tunar or anything but I would think it is obvious that the "tuning advantage" of tuning with a controller, is that it is easier/more safe to incrementally add injection than to dump it and tune around it. Now if you are talking about injecting a little amount say a max of around 5% of your injectors flow than maybe it wouldn't really matter as much.

·
This spyder got secrets
655 Posts
I was told if u run meth, then u cant run nitrous? True or not?
Also i have did a lot of resuearch on devilsown and slowboys racing, they both run the progressive controller and about a 34 doller differ

·
that's one!
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
most of the kits for dsm's that are decently priced i don't think have controllers on them you just calculate the injection based upon your injector flow...

·
This spyder got secrets
655 Posts
Nope ur wrong, slowboy racing comes with one and devilsown comes with one. U controlle it, and has a safe point with it as well

·
that's one!
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NO YOU'RE WRONG lol...they all have safe points, they're just used in different fashions. yea the devilsown has a controller to but it is 365. alotta threads on dsmtuners say that a good water injection kit can be made between 100-250 using the same components kits do.

·
This spyder got secrets
655 Posts
Hum...Well i have a question then. A meth kit on a 7 bolt and turn the boost to 23 or so, can it take it??

·
that's one!
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol...a good tune and a 7 bolt could handle 400-450 whp safely...a bad tune, and meth isn't gonna save ya.

i plan on reaching this number very soon without meth.

·
This spyder got secrets
655 Posts
a 60-1 boss

·
that's one!
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Better get a bigger turbo:)
your dick is loose, 375-400whp has been made on 50 trim variants for days young grasshopper lol...

STAY ON TOPIC ASS!

Reactions: 19psi

·
PELINKOVAC
9,893 Posts
so how much more boost/power can you run/make on the same turbo like lets say a 16g or 50 trim on 93 octane with meth compared to without?

edit:forgot to add damn question mark

1 - 20 of 34 Posts