502 Street Scene Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nothing to see here
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer has it, I'm starting my own thread to keep it separate from the other guys virus problem. This trojan is really starting to piss me off

Spybot S&D says it has removed the problem but when I scan again it's back

antiMalware from malwarebytes.org does the same thing

I've tried a few other fixes for this problem and it just keeps coming back. My desktop is covered with fixes that haven't worked

Trying the smitfraud right now, it's popped up a command screen with...

killing processes...
hosts...

...and it hasn't done anything for 20 minutes now, how long does this program take?

That's where I am now, anyone have other ideas? AIM is running on my uninfected machine so if someone can help me in real-time please hit me up, I have to hit a service call @ 10 but should be online all afternoon

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I believe Virtumonde stores some info in your RAM so it can't simply be removed while you're using the computer...unless Safe Mode, etc.

·
Nothing to see here
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran the program in safe mode, then ran the malware thing in safe mode and it came up clean. I'm about 80% through running SS&D in normal mode and it's clean so far

Also disabled a couple questionable startup entries in SS&D, that will take effect upon my next reboot. If the trojan shows up again in this scan I'll re-run the SmithFraud in safe mode after I reboot with the deleted startup entries... That sound right to you?

·
Nothing to see here
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I've managed to get rid of this fucker, thanks to mr. nick and mr. MR2 for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts