Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Aprilia RSV1000

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
doesn't know what to put here
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys so I'm thinking about fixing my F4i up for my girlfriend so she'll have her own bike. i really would like to have a ducati 999 or 1098.. but i think i want something more on the "under 10k range" and the only other bike i like is the RC51...i know these bikes make good power but i didnt know they all are V-tiwns....i dont know much about those so i was wondering if anyone has any opinios on these bikes... i like road racing more than drag and also more of a twisties guy......but i still drag every now and again.

what are yalls comments? bring them.

·
take a knee
4,458 Posts
v-twins are great for twisties with all the low end torque. the 51's are great bikes but they are hard to come by and bring a high dollar.

·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah there are a few on ebay... i found an 04 or 05 for sale for like 8k and im really thinking about it.

·
SUVette
22,734 Posts
you can get a 999 under $10k now. i found an '03 completely prepped for roadracing for $8k.

the rc51 is a decent bike, but i've read where a lot of people have issues with the front ends tucking under in the twisties. i'm not sure what the cure for it is, but it's worth researching. i'm a big fan of the aprilia rsv1000, but it's going to require more maintenance

·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i really need to do some more research, my friends little sister is 12 and they baught her a 50cc replica of the aprilia rsv1000. i like those a lot too. im gonna look some more into this. im gonna add a [poll in the meantime see what people think.

·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
danm like that strong? how would you compare them to your R1?

·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry i confused you guys..i am leaning more towards RC51, i just love HONDA. but everytime i look at ducati im like..Eff it i want one.

·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
557 Posts
glad you brought this up, i might look into getting a buell xb12r or xb9r firebolt this season, anyone have any experience with these? i use my bike as a commuter more than anything but still love tearing up country roads.

·
Registered
518 Posts
you should be able to find a rc51 or a 999 for under 9k easy, i picked up my 999 back in october for $7800. i have owned both the rc51 and 999, if had to choose between the two i would take the ducati. power wise they are similar but handeling wise the ducati gets the edge. just be prepared for the higher cost of ownership of the ducati. both are great bikes, in the end pick the one that you like the most, dont worry about performace numbers as you would have to be professional rider to really extract the performance difference out of the bikes. twins are addicting, i have had 2 gsxr 750's, a R1, CBR 900rr, 600f4 and a fzr 600 (starter bike) and ended going back to a twin.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Suzuki SV1000? i love my 650

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
you might be hard pressed to find one in decent shape, but I had an 03 Honda Superhawk 1000.

I loved it and will buy another one someday.

·
RidgeShredder
1,143 Posts
I had a tlr for four years and loved it. You can get them cheap also.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i seen the new ducati 848 over at commonwealth.... i want one badly.... off topic i have a $25 gift certificate to ss louisville. wouldnt let me trade off over at ss clarksville... anyone wanna trade cash of that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts