502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
f u, pay me
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have over a hundred railroad ties and many pallets of bricks. The bricks are $100 per pallet and the ties are $10 a piece. I used some of these bricks in my backyard for a walkway. They would work well for projects like that. They are the old bricks that don't have the 3 holes in them. The ties are actual old railroad ties and I think they would work well for retaining walls, parking blocks, etc. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Moderator (again)
12,752 Posts
i want to do a border around my gravel driveway. these could fill the ticket. how long are the railroad ties?

·
f u, pay me
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they are standard size railroad ties. I think they are 6' or 7' in length and probably 15"x15"...those are definitely rough estimates.

·
Yakuza
8,543 Posts
hmm....been meaning to fix a brick wall. Let me see if I need a whole pallet or not.

·
f u, pay me
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep in mind that these are old (circa 1870) bricks and they are weathered (which is part of their charm). I don't want to sell them individually, just for a pallet. I believe there is probably around 300-400 bricks in a pallet. The going rate for used brick is $.50 per brick.

·
f u, pay me
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have a chain gang I can rent to install the ties?

what size is a brick? 2x8"
I have access to a mexican that will work for $10/hr cash. He equates to about 3 white dudes in work performed for about 1/10 the price. The brick is all different sizes. It came from a few old buildings that have been torn down. All the brick is clean of any mortor and it has all been palletized. They are all close in size, but they aren't all exactly the same.

·
back at it again
7,198 Posts
damn let me see when i can get a couple buddies to help with the tie i wanna use them for my driveway as well

·
Registered
221 Posts
Are the railroad ties soaked in creasote or are they pretty dry? I know I need at least three. Where are you located?

·
f u, pay me
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are the railroad ties soaked in creasote or are they pretty dry? I know I need at least three. Where are you located?
These are actual railroad ties. They have been soaked in creasote (sp?) and are in good condition. I'll post pics shortly. I'm in Jeffersonville.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If I have access to a pick-up truck this weekend, do you think we could try to meet sometime or would you rather do it during the week?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts