502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I love this song!!!
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok help me understand this. I can get on my laptop which is networked with my pc but yet I cannot get on the internet via PC what the crap could be wrong? It says "page cannot be displayed". I just have been on this thing almost all day and now all of a sudden this. I need one of the guru's to help me on this please.

P.S. I can get on AIM via PC so???

·
Best watch yo' self
2,381 Posts
You should make sure you are connected to your router before you do anything else.

Click start -> Run
Type "CMD" and press enter
Type "ipconfig" and press enter
What IP adress does it list?

·
Epic Beard Man's Apprentice
4,413 Posts
if AIM is working but your pages arent displaying, you dont have need to do all that IP bullshit the poster above me suggested, You have something else going on

·
Premium Member
6,518 Posts
I would start with rebooting everything. Power down Power Up. Ha. Usually works.

EDIT: Travis. I think he was talking about checking the settings on the PC. She said she can get on her laptop just fine which is probably where she's getting on AIM.

·
I love this song!!!
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok just found that if i run it in safe mode..its good to go. but it is saying that file - usbuhci is corrupt. now should i run my windows xp disc to help that? just asking as my windows version is well...not legit lol

·
I love this song!!!
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep

·
Premium Member
6,518 Posts
If you have a Windows XP CD, try going to start, run, and type sfc /scannow.

Did you install anything recently?

·
Just a reminder...
13,805 Posts
You can start or stop from Services in the Control Panel, or by other programs. The program is not visible. usbuhci.sys is a Microsoft signed file. There is no detailed description of this service.

RUN a malware/spyware check.

·
I love this song!!!
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so do i need this file really?

·
I love this song!!!
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok found this issue. load error 12007. i've looked it up but not sure exactly what i should do in fixing that. maybe thats my problem. im just confused, why internet works in safemode but not regular.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If it works in safe mode but not normal mode, obviously a 3rd party program on your machine is affecting the Net...most likely spyware or some shit because they usually put themselves in between your computer and the access to the 'net. If they mess up, then you get the "Page not displayed" error.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts