502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does everyone get there tuning done?

I have a 93 Honda Prelude Si with a h23a1. I am boosting it this fall and I am looking to use crome pro, or hondata s300. I have asked autolab and I know that they don't tune crome, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get my car tuned with crome at.

The reason I want to use crome is because it is much cheaper than hondata s300. Autolab wants $1100 for hondata and a street tune.

I know Hondata is much more reputable brand but I've heard good things about crome, and I'm not really made of money lol. Heres my setup if anyone is interested.

Motor - USDM H23A1 w/ 124,000 miles

$30 - Autometer Dual Gauge Pod
$80 - PLX Devices Boost Gauge
$100 - Universal 2.5in Intercooler Piping Kit
$105 - PLX Devices Boost Gauge Module
$110 - OBX Twin Loop Muffler
$110 - Walboro 255lph Fuel Pump
$130 - 30.5x12x3 Universal Intercooler
$170 - Greddy Type RS BOV
$200 - Maxspeed - Motorsports Oil Feed/Drain/Sandwhich/Tap Fitting
$240 - Tial 38mm Wastegate .6 Bar (8.7 psi)
$250 - For My Uncle Helping Me
$270 - PLX Devices AFR Wide Band Gauge and Module
$355 - Precision 880cc Fuel Injectors
$400 - 3in Downpipe, 3in Exhaust Piping, Flanges, Gaskets
$575 - Love Fab Mini Me Turbo Manifold
$675 - Garret T3 60 - 1 Turbocharger .63 A/R
$1200 - Hondata s300 and Street Tune
$5000 - TOTAL

·
LADIES! Do you ever...
1,882 Posts
Talk to seen4ever.

·
Untrust us
4,016 Posts
What EVERYONE is going to say, is that you should've gone with hondata/haltech or another standalone that you KNOW people locally can tune....

edit: maybe seen can work with something

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What EVERYONE is going to say, is that you should've gone with hondata/haltech or another standalone that you KNOW people locally can tune....

edit: maybe seen can work with something
I am going to pm him. I will most likely have to end up going with hondata, I just want to explore my options first.

·
Registered
12,052 Posts
I would definitely go with S300 over anything else stock ECU related for a Honda. Above that, AEM or Autronic.

That $1100 for the S300 w/ install and tune is not bad at all, considering the S300 w/ a chipped ECU is $800 right there.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
I hope you can honestly do that for $5000, but I think it will probably end up being more. Probably at least 15% more than you've accoutned for. There is always unforseen cost that will bite your ass in the end.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
total cost of my p28 socketed w/ s300 was around a $900 with cost of socketing and shipping

so $1100 with a tune sounds like a deal

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
you're gonna need a fuel pressure regulator and gauge for that new fuel pump too

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope you can honestly do that for $5000, but I think it will probably end up being more. Probably at least 15% more than you've accoutned for. There is always unforseen cost that will bite your ass in the end.
Oh I already know lol!! I know I will have to get some coupler reducers that don't come with the piping kit, and I may go ahead and do a half radiator conversion while I'm taking out my ac.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I had one on my other prelude and I didn't need one worked fine without that.
whatever floats your boat, I am pretty sure you will need a regulator, you are supposed to turn up the fuel pressure 1 psi for every psi of boost you will run

·
Registered
12,052 Posts
The stock FPR will be just fine with a Walbro 255. As far as "turning the fuel pressure up with boost", what you mean to say is, that fuel pressure needs to rise with boost, which it will on a stock Honda FPR. Until you go bigger than a Walbro 255, there is no need to get a new FPR.

·
bouncing around the room
905 Posts
i think your parts list is a little lacking but im sure youll figure that out once your into the project.

·
i <3 back tits
8,760 Posts
lacking means, not enough, or short of. used in a sentence:

John was lacking the ability to properly tune his car, which is why he blew it up.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lacking means, not enough, or short of. used in a sentence:

John was lacking the ability to properly tune his car, which is why he blew it up.
Hahahahahaha that was good man good way to use it in a sentence.

Anyways the guy said that my list was lacking. So I wanted to know what he thought it may be lacking. Sorry if I didn't make it crystal clear!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts