502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Southend JDM
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was driving today and my tranny started squealing really loud. When i am just idling the squeak is low but when i push the clutch in it really starts to squeal. I thinking possibly a throw out bearing? It has a smeel coming from the tranny as well, it runs and drives fine, no grinding whatsoever.

The next issue is ill be driving for a little bit and then i will come to a stop in nuetral and the car when go to really low rpm ( like 70) and will die or it will pick back up?

all input is greatly appreciated

josh.

·
Last of The Mo'Ricans
1,063 Posts
Worn Release bearing or bearing is binding on support, I'm no gearhead, but this is my 2 cents whatever the case its seems like a bearing issue, you need to get a diagnostics on it asap.....any noise in the tranny is usually trouble....

·
Best watch yo' self
2,381 Posts
Just out of curiosity, if you were to start your car in the driveway and pump your brake pedal, does the car bog down then as well?

As far as the squealing goes,
Worn Release bearing or bearing is binding on support

·
Southend JDM
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and it is not throwing any cel codes, it kinda leads me to believe it is possibly an vacuum leak?

·
Southend JDM
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tranny was worn out/ slipping clutch. but the idle problem still continues? anyone have any suggestions as in test wise?

·
Banned
290 Posts
yea get rid of that slow car. :) no but forreal, is your Rpm "jumping" up and down or does it stay low or what? need more details, how long has it been since you changed your plugs and wires?

·
Southend JDM
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it was a bad thow out bearing. Thanks shiftee for your 2 cents. BTW ryanandybob this for honda owners not chevy owners

1 - 14 of 14 Posts