502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as you all know my K5 Blazer has been for sale for a while.

Been thinking about it today, and the biggest turnoff for people seems to be the not-so-straight sheet metal. It runs like a tank. But I can no longer justify a vehicle sitting in my driveway that gets no use. No one seems to want a fullsize as a wheeling rig in this area, so I am wondering if I just need to bite the bullet, accept the good life she had, and start taking her apart and selling the pieces...

I am looking for input here. Yes, it's been for sale on more than a dozen 4x4 websites nationwide, ebay, and craigslist. No one has shown me cash. I have debt to pay off.

Thoughts?

·
something clever?
5,810 Posts
:(

what's of value?

front and rear axles
wheels and tires
Engine
transmission
transfercase.
vin plate and title
scrape metal & battery

It seems that if you low ball the thing it would be worth a similar amount to parting it out minus the labor of parting it out.

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well after consideration it is going to stay whole until the spring. I dont have the time/heated space to part it. If anyone wants to come take a look and make an offer I am available.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
well after consideration it is going to stay whole until the spring. I dont have the time/heated space to part it. If anyone wants to come take a look and make an offer I am available.
I wouldn't part it out yet. Nobody is really wheeling during this time of the year. Wait for the offroad people to get going again, then maybe someone will get the bug and pick it up.

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
no don't part it out! that would hurt me!
i can't believe people don't want an off road rig, built for wheeling, just because it has some dents from off roading! is everyone interested in using it as a mall crawler?!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts