502 Street Scene Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Can Raw time The Stig!
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday somehow I found myself in a long discussion with an old lady. We were discussing the area and I told her I lived off of Covered Bridge Road in Oldham County.

She then mentioned the name of a book. And I forgot what it was. But supposedly there was some serious stuff going on that resulted in at least one murder on Covered Bridge Road. There was a book about it and later they made it into a movie.

What is the book called?
What is the movie called?

Premise was something about a kid who was supposed to be in med school. Took the money and didn't attend. He was a habitual liar. And then things got bad.

Like real bad.

·
:p
2,219 Posts
Bitter Blood, i got the book around here somewhere, ive been by the house and even up the drive, its kinda creepy but cool too.

·
Assistant Regional Manager
4,909 Posts
I remember seeing the movie along time ago. IIRC, it was a made-for-tv movie, and I think it was called "In Cold Blood" or something along those lines.

·
Can Raw time The Stig!
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mustangchick said:
Bitter Blood, i got the book around here somewhere, ive been by the house and even up the drive, its kinda creepy but cool too.

You got it. :bigthumb: Cool... Where can I buy a copy?

Anyone know what the movie was called?

And where is this place on Covered Bridge?

·
euro again
6,175 Posts
Red5 said:
You got it. :bigthumb: Cool... Where can I buy a copy?

Anyone know what the movie was called?

And where is this place on Covered Bridge?
lemmie see if i can find my moms copy...i might even bring it to you.

·
euro again
6,175 Posts
Its the big house on 329 if you are going to crestwood its the white one with the giant garage and a large pond in front. Right by Constantine (spelling?) It use to be called Thunder Ranch

·
Super Moderator
12,795 Posts
The reviews on Amazon.com seem to indicate that the book was based on events that happened in North Carolina. Was the family from both places?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
the place is on covered bridge road halfway between 71 and 42. if you know where nevel meade golf course is, it's halfway between there and sleepy hollow. the farm where i board my horse actually borders the property of thunder ranch and when we go on trail rides we always pass it...creepy shit. if you come from 71, go towards brownsboro and it's about 4 miles on your left (pass the 1st white fence on the left and Thunder Ranch is 2 driveways after it), if you're coming from 42, turn on covered bridge rd and it's about 4 miles on your right (past nevel meade and on the opposite side of the street). the murder has something to do with either the dad or the butler (seriously) going crazy and killing everyone in the family, then bringing back all of the bodies and hiding them in the house. the police came into the house and found all the bodies, i think actually whoever the killer was committed suicide in the house.

·
Assistant Regional Manager
4,909 Posts
I thought that it was one of the kids that killed the whole family. Or maybe it was a son-in-law or something.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
TurboEK said:
I thought that it was one of the kids that killed the whole family. Or maybe it was a son-in-law or something.
It very well could be, it's been a while since I heard the story. All i remember for sure is that it was someone close to the family.

·
Can Raw time The Stig!
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Editorial Reviews

Ingram
In this unrelenting real-life drama of three wealthy families connected by marriage and murder, Bledsoe recounts the shocking events, obsessive love, and bitter custody battles that led toward the bloody climax that took nine lives. Reissued to coincide with Bledsoe's new hardcover Blood Games (11/91).

Does this sound like it?

This is the "Bitter Blood" from amazon.com.

·
I'mma get it!
1,009 Posts
Goo, i remember passing by that house all the time driving to my ex's house. gave me cold chills every time i drove by it. :eek3:

·
8k every time
988 Posts
TurboEK said:
it was the son in law...my mom knew them pretty well it is a pretty sad story that someone would actually do that

·
why so curious?
8,972 Posts
Annotation
In this unrelenting real-life drama of three wealthy families connected by marriage and murder, Bledsoe recounts the shocking events, obsessive love, and bitter custody battles that led toward the bloody climax that took nine lives. Reissued to coincide with Bledsoe's new hardcover Blood Games (11/91).

From the Publisher
The first bodies found were those of a feisty millionaire widow and her beautiful daughter in their posh Louisville, Kentucky, home. Months later, another wealthy widow and her prominent son and daughter-in-law were found savagely slain in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Mystified police first suspected a professional in the bizarre gangland-style killings that shattered the quiet tranquility of two well-to-do southern communities. But soon a suspicion grew that turned their focus to family. The Sharps. The Newsoms. The Lynches. The only link between the three families was a beautiful and aristocratic young mother named Susie Sharp Newsom Lynch. Could this former child "princess" and fraternity sweetheart have committed such barbarous crimes? And what about her gun-loving first cousin and lover, Fritz Klenner, son of a nationally renowned doctor?In this powerful and riveting tale of three families connected by marriage and murder.of obsessive love and bitter custody battles, Jerry Bledsoe recounts the shocking events that ultimately took nine lives, building to a truly horrifying climax that will leave you stunned..

·
Can Raw time The Stig!
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wang said:
Annotation

From the Publisher
The first bodies found were those of a feisty millionaire widow and her beautiful daughter in their posh Louisville, Kentucky, home. Months later, another wealthy widow and her prominent son and daughter-in-law were found savagely slain in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Mystified police first suspected a professional in the bizarre gangland-style killings that shattered the quiet tranquility of two well-to-do southern communities. But soon a suspicion grew that turned their focus to family. The Sharps. The Newsoms. The Lynches. The only link between the three families was a beautiful and aristocratic young mother named Susie Sharp Newsom Lynch. Could this former child "princess" and fraternity sweetheart have committed such barbarous crimes? And what about her gun-loving first cousin and lover, Fritz Klenner, son of a nationally renowned doctor?In this powerful and riveting tale of three families connected by marriage and murder.of obsessive love and bitter custody battles, Jerry Bledsoe recounts the shocking events that ultimately took nine lives, building to a truly horrifying climax that will leave you stunned..

:eek: :eek:

That's right down the street.
Ah :bigthumb: This will make a good bday present for the wife.
She likes that kind of stuff. :squint:

·
Can Raw time The Stig!
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just bought the book. And oddly enough, I had to go past the place on the way. :eek3:

An old psychotic buddy of mine almost bought this place a while ago. He's still in the slammer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts