502 Street Scene Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
GOT HEEM
9,658 Posts
Most KA's have over 100k miles and not any healthier than the SRs. And KA's are not that easy to get a hold of now-a-days. In todays times neither way is really an easier way. Only best way to do it is buy an SR engine set from a reputable place and swap it yourself, then for $3500 you can have a clean basic swap with all new gaskets and necc. hardware. You'll save atleast $1k on labor.

But you pay for what you can't do, so you either pay, or learn.

·
GOT HEEM
9,658 Posts
RB swaps, the engines are relatively newer, atleast the RB25, coming from 1993+ cars. But putting it in a 240 is more extensive in work, requiring mount kit and custom driveshaft just to get in. Other tasks will remain the same as the SR swaps, such as wiring, intercooler, fuel pump, belts/hoses etc.

Overall you will have atleast $1-2k in cost of swapping a basic RB25 set up than you will an SR. The only difference in cost between swapping an RB20 vs RB25 into a 240 will be the motorset cost, everything else will remain the same. But I don't believe in swapping RB20s.

·
Premium Member
9,062 Posts
and keep in mind most the reason people bitch about bill being high priced. is because retards like bigpawr tell people to swap shit themselfs. so they try and then they fail and then bill has to clean up a mess that consumes alot of time. just stick to the call center or whatever you do for a living.

·
ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝ&
6,384 Posts
If you're going to RB swap then you might as well swap in something with power...like an LS1 :naughty:

·
Give yourself to the darkside
3,724 Posts
If you're going to RB swap then you might as well swap in something with power...like an LS1 :naughty:
:loco: or JZ motor.:D

Reactions: terbo

·
GOT HEEM
9,658 Posts
and keep in mind most the reason people bitch about bill being high priced. is because retards like bigpawr tell people to swap shit themselfs. so they try and then they fail and then bill has to clean up a mess that consumes alot of time. just stick to the call center or whatever you do for a living.
what the hell man, i didn't do anything. I obviously pointed out all the potential routes he can go with. I in no way said DON'T have bill do it, or to do it himself, I just said you can expect to save 1k in labor costs, but then stating you do what you can and you pay for what you can't, that's his choice. I just pointed out cost differences in routes of going about it. I just didn't want people to be strayed away from certain routes becuase of some improper mindsets. A KA-T is in NO WAY better than swapping an SR in when it comes to risk. Sure, may possibly be cheaper, MAYBE, but who cares about overall cost if it blows up at the end from starting with an unhealthy engine to begin with. It's not like there are an abundance of 240s around with less than 100k miles on them, or even the enignes by themselves in that shape.

I added my experiance with an RB swap in there frankly because I have the experiance of a build cost doing it myself, and which will be cheaper than having someone else do it, and it was still expensive. Whether he does an RB swap himself, or has someone do it for him, it will still be 1k-2k more in price over the equivalent SR swap.

Sorry to mess up your section Bill, but I was just trying to make sure all the boosted 240 routes were being explored fairly. I'd actually suggest someone to go to you to get a swap done if they had no idea what they were doing. And even after talking to you about getting a 2JZ I understand your positions on certain engines being imported and your liability behind backing your engines and making sure you get them from reputable places.

And Iloveboost, I'm glad you know what I do for a living and feel it applies in some sort of fashion to this forum on whether or not I can make logical suggestions :rolleyes:

·
i <3 back tits
8,760 Posts
i dont know if this is the right forum, but is it suppose to burn when you urinate?

·
Happiness is a Pint away
5,193 Posts
sounds like youre using hair product on the wrong head joey

21 - 33 of 33 Posts