turbo the KA

·
Happiness is a Pint away
5,193 Posts

gottem in stock

·
Happiness is a Pint away
5,193 Posts
turbo the KA, SR engine swaps are expensive if you buy a good one and finding a good one is very hard. These swaps arent like Honda swaps where 95% of them out there are great running engines. The Nissan stuff is ran a LOT harder in japan, almost every SR swap we've gotten has had aftermarket parts on it and not just a downpipe either. In Japan the Honda stuff just isnt viewed as being a big performance option, they stick with Nissan and Toyotas over there.

Im to the point where I am not even recommending the SR anymore. A good swap is going to cost around $3500 if its legit, clean, and complete. By the time you do the misc items that you must have to properly get the drivetrain into the car youre going to spend around $5500 all said and done. By misc items I mean clutch, downpipe, fuel pump, boost gauge, electric fan w/ controller etc. Those are not optional items, they are required.

If you have a healthy KA you can do a turbo kit for around $3500. Do some injectors and fuel pump and some engine mgmt and we can put a good tune on the car with our dyno. Youre going to spend SR like money when its all said and done but you are going to know exactly what you have, unlike the SRs which anymore are just a shot in the dark about how healthy the engines are.

If I cant 100% commit to saying that youre going to spend over $5k on something thats going to be worth a shit then Id just rather not get the business at all. I know if I were on the other side of the table I would want someone telling me the same damn thing before I shelled out $5k.

·
ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝ&
6,384 Posts
Bill...do you have any used turbos up at the shop?
And how much would you guys charge to build me a setup? I would want a top-mount T3/To4e Garrett 50 trim or bigger, exhaust, external wastegate, dump tube, FMIC setup, etc...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts