502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SUA SPONTE
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is probably a "ricer" question, but ive always loved the race fairing styling on gp bikes and such and i know you can buy the fairings but they arent street legal. does anyone know if there is such thing as race fairings with cutouts for your headlight and break lights?

·
take a knee
4,458 Posts
then they wouldn't really be race fairings would they? LOL Seriously though, you can buy the fiberglass race fairings with cutouts, most of the time though guys will just cut the holes out themselves. A lot of people with race fairings will wire in a fog light and mount it to the front of the bike as a headlight.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
I have race fairings on my bike. if you get some Catalyst is the best. You can order them through catalyst with the headlight already cut out, or you can cut it out yourself. Or you can wire in a fog light like 97Nismo said. You will need to use your stock ram air tubes though, or atleast it will be easier and cheaper. They come not painted also, so you will spend money painting them. Every body peice on my bike is catalyst, and fiberglass....tank, head peice, fairings, tail section, they are mack daddy for sure.

·
take a knee
4,458 Posts
Catylist Composites are good fairings. Most will not be pre-drilled for mounting holes, so you'll have to take some time fitting them to the bike and drilling the holes. Then like Birdman said you'll have to have them painted.

are you needing to replace stock fairings or are you just wanting the race bike look? If you just want the look you can just paint the stock plastics like you would the race fairings.

·
hi
2,020 Posts
If you are wanting to replace the plastics just because of the look you are wasting your time and money.

·
SUVette
22,734 Posts
bodywork has no dictation on legality. all you need is provision for headlights and taillights. you can cut out spots for them. people do it all the time. if you just want some killer replica bodywork, do a search on ebay for a seller named auctmarts. they have the best looking aftermarket bodywork i've seen and it's not expensive

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
I would stay away from ebay stuff, and go with a company that sells to other companies. I have heard the stuff from ebay doesnt always fit right and takes a lot to get it to fit. Mine bolted right up. Again I have no experience with the ebay stuff but I think you can find some catalyst stuff on there too.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Race fairings are street legal.
You just have to make sure you have a license plate, at least ONE headlight and turn signals.

You do not have to cut out the headlights. You can just fabricate one inside the ram air or underneath the upper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts