1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
you might want something a little bit more powerful, because I think the amp is rated at 14.4 volts. But it's probably close enough. I just noticed THAT amp only has one set of inputs for the sub. So unless that amp can run safely at 1 ohm you dont want it. also NOTICE that if you plan to get it from Crutchfield they are out of stock. Ohms are a measure of resistance. the fewer ohms the more power. IF you had a sub with dual 4 ohm coils that amp would be ok. check out this website for a quick reference as i can not word it very well. HERE If you find a similar amp with 2 channels get it.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I can't run my sub at 2ohms?

·
146.7 db
462 Posts
use 12volt.com

12volt.com has a section that explains how to wire whatever sub you have down to whatever ohm load you want, mainly try to get your sub down to the lowest possible ohm that your amp can handle and that will give you maximum performance

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
ok. heres the deal. you could either get the same sub, but with dual 4 ohm coils and use the first amp. you could use the original sub and find a mono amp with 2 sets of speaker inputs. or you could use the original sub and get a 2 channel amp. I have not really heard much about profile amps, and that one is a bit too much power. it RMS's at more than your sub's max.

This Kenwood would be perfect.

or this Alpine

or this Infinity

or this RockfordFosgate

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
that original kicker amp will be fine at 2 ohms. it says it right in the specs sheet 300w rms at 2 ohms. that's ideal for that amp.
what you need is a sub with dual 4 ohm voice coils to show a 2 ohm load to the amp.

since you already ahve the sub though, you need to look foir an amp that will give max output at a 1 ohm load. most decent mono sub amps will do that.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Reactions: 03SSVT

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts