502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone jumps my case, i just searched for "ps3" in threads and found nothing. Im leaning more towards buying a ps3, but the prices on some 360's are hard to pass up. SO, to all of the people who have PLAYED BOTH, which would you buy if cost wasn't a consideration.

·
boosted family car ;)
2,259 Posts
360! better graphics an more games

·
Devil's Advocate
1,981 Posts
xbox has a better library at the moment. i think ps3 will have a better 2008 than xbox though.

and the prices, not that different

The amount of things you have to add on to the 360 to make it as good as a PS3 is out of the box adds up quick.

40gig PS3 = $399
Xbox = $349

Now to equal the PS3 your going to need

Wireless adapter - $100
HDDVD player $179
Play and charge - $18
Xbox Live - $50per year

So your grand total for the first year of operation if you want your Xbox to have the same features of a PS3 is $696

360! better graphics
fanboy

·
Banned
676 Posts
xbox has a better library at the moment. i think ps3 will have a better 2008 than xbox though.

and the prices, not that different

fanboy

pretty much exactly what he said is how I see it.

Right now, the 360 has some great exclusives, but for the FAR future there's not much coming to it at all... and if your not a huge FPS fan, you may be like me, and not even like the "killer exclusives" that it has...

depends on what games you like ultimately, but I'd go PS3 since its a better package.

·
i'm a fluke!
959 Posts
the new 360s are proving to have all the quality issues fixed. its a better deal still imo. for $279 you can buy any 360 game except 1 and play it. that catalog and that price its hard to deny its value.

If I where you where you though. I'd ask my friends which one they have and get whatever they get. co-op and multiplayer gaming is where its at. who better then your friends to enjoy that with.

·
Y B C M
1,570 Posts
the new 360s are proving to have all the quality issues fixed. its a better deal still imo. for $279 you can buy any 360 game except 1 and play it. that catalog and that price its hard to deny its value.

If I where you where you though. I'd ask my friends which one they have and get whatever they get. co-op and multiplayer gaming is where its at. who better then your friends to enjoy that with.
just curious.......what is the 'except 1' game?

·
i'm a fluke!
959 Posts
just curious.......what is the 'except 1' game?
some online game requires the hard drive. i thik its like finally fantasy XI if memory serves.

·
Now more rotarded
6,556 Posts
I bought the ps3 cause of GT and metal gear and ratchet and clank. Yeah there isn't alot out at the moment but this year looks to be a good year. Both have their pro's and con's. There were just a few sony only games that lead me to that side of the fence. I'm still thinking about getting a 360 too thou.

·
something clever?
5,810 Posts
If I were buying to play, I'd buy the 360 seven days a week. Better collection of games and a controller that is leaps and bounds better then the PS3's. I of course am buying a blu ray players, so, I'm getting a PS3 :caged:

·
Brutalizing Members Since 03
14,852 Posts
Xbox has a better library at the moment. The death of HD DVD is a strike against the 360 now IMO. That $179 add on is worthless and your still going to have to buy a PS3 or some other stand alone player if you ever want to watch HD movies.

·
Moderator (again)
12,752 Posts
Xbox has a better library at the moment. The death of HD DVD is a strike against the 360 now IMO. That $179 add on is worthless and your still going to have to buy a PS3 or some other stand alone player if you ever want to watch HD movies.
microsoft has not ruled out a blu-ray add-on if the format war is won by sony......

edit: i have both. i use my 360 to play games and to play online with other people, i use my ps3 to watch blu-ray movies, and occassionally play an exclusive title.

·
Brutalizing Members Since 03
14,852 Posts
microsoft has not ruled out a blu-ray add-on if the format war is won by sony......

edit: i have both. i use my 360 to play games and to play online with other people, i use my ps3 to watch blu-ray movies, and occassionally play an exclusive title.
Me thinks your going to be playing alot of PS3 while you wait on your 5th Xbox.

Reactions: Peanut

·
Get Fucked
32,630 Posts
I would say the Xbox360. It's good for casual and serious gaming and right now just has more games out. Yes, PS3 is comming out with better ones in the future, but that's then and this is now. If I were you, I would go to a game store and just look at what games are out for the systems, and whichever you see has the most games you like, go with that system. That's what I did when I got the 360. I had a PS1 before and loved it and the controller, never really liked my friends regular Xbox, but the 360 just had more games that I would like. More "Fun" games. PS3 tends to put out more simulation and fantasy style games where as Xbox is better for shoot-'em'up games and more arcadey style games.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
something clever?
5,810 Posts
will future ps3 games typically be better then their 360 brothers?

More to the point, if a developer is making for both systems, it seems that the basic game would be taylored to the 360, and wouldn't be optimized for the PS3... the point being that regardless of hardware, the results are similar graphics and gameplay

1 - 20 of 84 Posts