502 Street Scene Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Keeping it real
9,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of you guys might remember this car. It smoked a lot but was pretty quick for being turboed, having 300k+ miles, and only having a Fuel Pressure Regulator for a tune. After the headgasket popped he gave up on it. Well we decided to get it running again going by the same principle. CHEAP, CHEAP. Our goal is 2 weeks.

Our goal isn't anything but to have fun in it.

·
Keeping it real
9,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be now. Well originally the car was tuned with only a rising rate FPR. Seriously.
It ran great for a year that way. The setup is a Holset HX35 with an H1C Exhaust housing, SSQ BOV, Ebay FMIC, some Gigantic Jegs Radiator that had to be fabbed to fit. So on.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Well, nice idea, but you need something for tuning. The HG popped bc it was running lean! More than likely detonating. But, we will all see. What kind of spool are u expecting??

·
2 step, 2 step, 2 step...
2,112 Posts
TLC

·
Built 2.2L Stroker 5sgte
4,140 Posts
matt dale had/has a orange boosted e30...

this looks very similar to it

·
Registered
181 Posts
if you all tune that with a mega squirt and get it dialed in, i would be interested some suggestions with mine. on the dyno when it hits full boost, the timing goes to shit for a second. it cleans up, but w/ a redline of 4750, it sucks to hammer down. bill over at autolab tried to mess with it a little and he can't figure it out. any suggestions on where to take it? p.s. didn't mean to high jack the thread.

·
Built 2.2L Stroker 5sgte
4,140 Posts
try charles at automotion??

·
Keeping it real
9,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Id have to see the logs but you May need to pull some timing or richen it up when the boost comes in. It's a shock to the motor sometimes and can cause issues.

·
S2k ftw
3,384 Posts
Id have to see the logs but you May need to pull some timing or richen it up when the boost comes in. It's a shock to the motor sometimes and can cause issues.
boost is like putting it in your chick's ass...
at first shes like :blink:
but once she gets "adjusted" to it, its all good from there :loco:

on a side note gl with the build keeler

·
Keeping it real
9,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Motor looks clean now, we scotch brited the deck and pistons, christian just painted the block. It's never been out of the car, we decided to reuse the one in it instead of replacing it.

·
2,112 Posts
Kustom BRAH

·
2,112 Posts
if you all tune that with a mega squirt and get it dialed in, i would be interested some suggestions with mine. on the dyno when it hits full boost, the timing goes to shit for a second. it cleans up, but w/ a redline of 4750, it sucks to hammer down. bill over at autolab tried to mess with it a little and he can't figure it out. any suggestions on where to take it? p.s. didn't mean to high jack the thread.

Turbo eta?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Turbo eta?
it is a t3/t4 set up, which i have heard from some people, is too small for the compression, causing it to spike. but i've also read that many guys use this set up for autocross, which is what it was origianally set up for. so many opinions...like asses, everybody has one. the mega squirt is not autronic or anything sophisticated, so the conclusion is that somewhere along the way, the mega squirt is either got wiring problems due to the fact that is mailed to you in pieces and put together, or its just my luck with cars. i bought the in north carolina where a "professional " shop assembled it and tuned it. i think i may have been fed some B.S.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts