502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well on the way to work today i was cruising around 3500rpms in 5th gear and the car cut out fut on the throttle but no power, happened to look at the commander and the injector duty was at 0.0. This happened once before last october thought it was a tuning issue, had it tuned since then and no problems till now. Happened again t/n when i was leaving work, as funny as it sounds as soon as i turned the headlights off quit miss firing, fuel pressure stays constant at 50ish psi even when the injector duty goes to 0.0

·
Streetricin Daily
2,652 Posts
sounds like either the Power FC or your injector power or something is messing up. Meter the power wire to the injectors when this happens and see what is says.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
You guys know much about the Power FC? If so I might have some questions for you in the very near future. I have the Apexi PowerFC w/controller that I'll be running on my RB25.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great ecu just verry touchy as i assume any stand alone unit is,

i'm off t/m so i was gonna run a few tests on it, i'll test the power wires on the injector harness, possibly go buy some wiring and make me a grounding kit, fact that it happens when i turn the lights on makes me think maybe i've got bad ground and its not getting enough power, also my optima red top is still under warranty may have it tested as well and replaced.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got it fixed t/d, had some grounding issues made a home made kit for 8 bucks vs. apexi ground kit 300

10 ft 8ga wire 1 ft 4ga starter wire gold connectors and heat wrap, 3 more grounds coming off the orrigional battery ground and 3 more grounds engine to chassis.

(sry for the crappy camera phone pics)

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Is this kit you made the same thing as an engine grounding kit or is it something specific for the Apexi unit? I fortunately have an engine grounding kit so that might come in handy.

Also, do you have the Apexi software for a laptop by any chance? ; )

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blown240sx has the software he tuned my power fc with and def would use that ground kit. Mine is very similar to any ground kit you'll find for sale minus the noise filter and the ground box i just attatched the wires directly to the chassis/firewall.

run 3 extra ground wires for the battery and run 3 more from engine to chassis.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Awesome. I know there is a lot of controversy regarding the grounding kits, but I'm thinking they are worth it the more I read about them.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jus check out the dyno numbers in last months dsport tuner they put a ground kit on an s15 pretty impressive, i've seen gains from 1hp and 1 ft lb torque up to 15 hp and 12 ftlbs so u never know, cant hurt anything, i do know the power fc has to get the right amt. of power to function properly, if its not grounded well wont recieve that power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts