502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Drag & Destroy
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got rid of the car and got my self a jeep (TJ). My dad has told me of high water and a few other places in the knobs, but he said those were in his days and not sure if they were blocked off or not. I also have heard of natural bridge, some place in harlan ky, and then haspin acres in IN. None of my friends wheel so I am tryin to find some places to go/ ppl to go with.

·
Registered
835 Posts
livingston, ky is a great place. i am going there the middle of november

·
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒÉ
2,985 Posts
thats how it goes.... the best places i knew in my area are closed/blocked off other than riding area's or private property.

·
taking care of business
4,896 Posts
there is a farm in Borden, IN that has trail rides on 1 sunday a month and Bkerr on the forum has a farm south of Etown they call the Boneyard where they've been going wheelin.

I have seen and read a lot about Harlan but never been. Livingston is another place I've never been but isn't too far and would be a cool spot to go wheel and camp out.

Highwater is hit or miss, people got in trouble for being up there this summer but im sure some still wheel there.

·
Drag & Destroy
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I drove past high water today and there are trees and shit placed in front of the entrances but I could not find any NO tresspassing signs???

·
Registered
835 Posts
harlen is a bad spot to go to bc if u trailor down u more than likely will have stuff stolen off ur tow rig while u r out o nthe trail's. i have talked to a few people that have went down there they like the trails but hate the fact that stuff gets stolen

livingston is great i have been a few times. and cant wait to go again in november.

·
make it or break it
282 Posts
i just got back from the badlands in attica it is pretty bad ass they got some trails their that are wicked

·
make it or break it
282 Posts
HIGHWATER IS OPEN BUT CLOSED IF YOU CAN FIND A WAY IN ITS A GOOD TIME BUT ITS ALL FINDIG A WAY IN A GUY I WHEEL WITH HAD A WAY IN BUT THEY DROP TREES TO STOP HIMM FROM GETTING IN AND SOMEBODY IS SELLING PART ON GOERGETOWN SIDE

·
Registered
494 Posts
I know an easy way in, but you have to go through someone's yard off the pike. I came out that way once...had to drive through their yard across a little bridge and out the drive.

·
Registered
273 Posts
highwater isnt hurting anything, i know the whole liabilty thing for who owns it but still...
that place was awsome when it was easy to just ride back there before it being blocked off

·
Premium Member
4,790 Posts
jeeper42 said:
I know an easy way in, but you have to go through someone's yard off the pike. I came out that way once...had to drive through their yard across a little bridge and out the drive.
I think they blocked that one also...

·
Drag & Destroy
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was up there the other day. There was a white s-10 blocking the first hill on the right along with the normal trees and stumps and such and all of the rest of them are still blocked. We moved one tree and got another 20 feet and another had been cut down. So we then hiked a bit and found every 20-40 feet there was a tree cut down over the path.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Don't be a pussy go over the trees.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Jeff M. said:
Don't be a pussy go over the trees.
thats what i was thinking, or un hook the trailers on a couple tow rigs and pull them bitches out of the way.

·
Drag & Destroy
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
we were gonna go back during the day and move some of it around it was just late and we didnt feel like messin with it in the dark

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
Have fun.

There are plently of legal places to wheel, it just takes planning. To me it's not worth risking gettin ticketed, or having a truck impounded just for 20 mins of moderately cool wheelin. Plus, its people who like to trample on private property who are causing the actual legal places to get closed down.

Point of the story is, if you guys want to wheel, close to town, there is a place in Borden that people go to 1st sunday of every month. Its about a 20 mile drive. There is also a farm in Leitchfield (the Boneyard) we go to every month or so. No to mention runs to Attica, Haspin, and various other places within a couple hrs of louisville.

Sorry to sound like the stick in the mud on this one. Just dont think trespassing and its consequences outweigh the few minutes of excitement highwater has to offer.

:twocents:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts