502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked these wheels up about a week ago. They were 18x7.5 White Motegi Mr7's. But the finish was JACKED UP (ESPN Monday Night Countdown Style). So I decided to fix/sand/smooth/prime/sand/paint/sand/paint/clear. I went thru 2 cans white primer/5 cans gloss black engine enamel/1 can clear engine enamel. They aren't quite finished, im waiting until i get tires mounted before i put a RED lip on them, im assuming the edges will get scarred so im waiting to do the red. And then they will get a couple more coats of clear.

If I hadn't messed up the sizing on a couple then they would've gone in the showroom. And I apologize for the glare. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks good man! haha do mine now!
Haha. I actually like this kinda thing. So if you were really serious I prolly could given the wheels/paint/time/little monies.

I paid $120 for the wheels with tires (currently for sale on here and ebay). And about $50 for the paint. $10 for gloves/sandpaper/masking tape/masks. Hopefully after the tires sell i will have basically gotten these for free.

·
Ecu HackAr
6,059 Posts
you should of took the center caps and valve stems out before painting them. Use several light coats instead of your heavy coats you will give a smoother finish. And by the way they make wheel paint.........

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you should of took the center caps and valve stems out before painting them. Use several light coats instead of your heavy coats you will give a smoother finish. And by the way they make wheel paint.........
Well i didnt paint over the center caps/valve stems/or mr7 emblems. I masked those off, see first pictures. They will stay silver.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
damn anyone got anything else to bitch about?

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a fan of the black wheels. :( Gunmetal might have looked better.
No go on the gunmetal. I've got a white altima with 20%/5% windows. So gunmetal wouldnt have looked right imo. If I dont like what they look like when i mount them then they'll prolly get painted gold or bronze. This was more of a learning experience/wheel restoration than anything.

·
booooost
17,574 Posts

·
Dances on the Redline.
2,945 Posts
Looks good man, I can always appreciate people who try to do something themselves and this looks like it turned out pretty damn good.

·
Banned
19,817 Posts
I'd have to see/feel the finish to judge it's overall outcome. They look fine though.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I appreciate the positive feedback guys.

Edit: Wheel haters not so much. Who cares if its an Mr7. They're goin on a second gen altima not a damn civic. Ive only seen one other 2nd gen with these wheels. Thats def not played out. Thanks tho

1 - 20 of 30 Posts