502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
I've been pulled over for failing to yield the fast lane. I was driving home at like 2 in the morning in the fast lane when a car comes up behind me fast and starts slowing down. I was doing maybe 65 mph and then slowed to 55 when I saw the car because I thought it might be a cop. He followed me for a minute though he could have gone around me and then pulled me over and proceeded to tell me I should have yielded the lane even though I was doing exactly the speed limit. He did let me off with a warning though.

·
Banned
19,817 Posts
OH!!! What a shocker! He's old! Plus, he's driving one of the gayest cars ever made.

I love the law. Fuck slow drivers in the left lane.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I've been pulled over for failing to yield the fast lane. I was driving home at like 2 in the morning in the fast lane when a car comes up behind me fast and starts slowing down. I was doing maybe 65 mph and then slowed to 55 when I saw the car because I thought it might be a cop. He followed me for a minute though he could have gone around me and then pulled me over and proceeded to tell me I should have yielded the lane even though I was doing exactly the speed limit. He did let me off with a warning though.
Obey the law and you wouldn't have gotten pulled over.

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
repost!

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Obey the law and you wouldn't have gotten pulled over.
The part that bothers me, is I was doing exactly the speed limit, legally he shouldn't have had any need to travel any faster than that. Thereby if he pulled me over for obstructing him from traveling any faster, he had to be breaking the law by speeding. In my mind, I can not legally be an obstruction if I am traveling the maximum speed allowed by law, unless the cop had on his lights and was in route or chasing someone.

·
Welcome to The War Room
2,518 Posts
I think that if the traffic in the right lane is going 50 in a 60 zone and your going 55 in the left lane, you shouldn't be fined. I know this will be a major issue with it because you are passing, but your still not going the speed limit.

But after reading a post like this the other day, I have noticed a lot more slow people in the left lane.

But I also agree with 240 in the other thread about the existing laws we have and the cops not doing shit with them. It would just be one more law that people don't know about and cops will choose when to randomly use them.

To any cops on this board, you know New Years Eve and New Years Day, I didn't see 1 roadblock on my way home. Our cops need to get it together. IT's like my mom said, if were low on cops, start issuing more tickets, get more money, and hire more cops.

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
The part that bothers me, is I was doing exactly the speed limit, legally he shouldn't have had any need to travel any faster than that. Thereby if he pulled me over for obstructing him from traveling any faster, he had to be breaking the law by speeding. In my mind, I can not legally be an obstruction if I am traveling the maximum speed allowed by law, unless the cop had on his lights and was in route or chasing someone.
hte point is, you shouldn't be in the left lane unless you are actively passing someone. the right lane is for driving, the left for passing. simple as that. if there's noone else on the road, get in the right lane and cruise.

i hate it when i'm doing 80 down an uncrowded I71 and some schmuck is doing 68 in the left lane and nobody is in the right lane at all. it forces me to pass on the right, which i don't like to do, but hte stupid dumbshit motherfuckers won't get out of the way or speed up. it's my #1 cause of road rage.

·
Subie-Subie?!?!
1,658 Posts
feelz you.

Its just common courtesy to get over if someone is going faster IF there is no one in the right lane, if there is no traffic it just feels awkward to be in the left lane, somewhere in my head I'm trained to only be in the left to pass, even if it is 15+ cars that are in a line....

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
every day i get on to 64 i always see some old person go straight from the ramp to the middle lane, and go slower then everyone else. never fails, its like they are trying to piss everyone off.

·
Mazda 12a powered Sandrail
4,567 Posts
In my mind, I can not legally be an obstruction if I am traveling the maximum speed allowed by law, unless the cop had on his lights and was in route or chasing someone.
Prevailing speed has nothing to do with blocking the passing lane. Move out of the way before you cause an accident.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I've said it before and i'll say it again. If they don't start to ticket left lane cruisers, at least let us who want to get somewhere pit manuver them out into the median. Eventually they'll get the idea.

PS, 90% of my road rage comes from these morons who choose to clog up the fast lanes.

Reactions: 666REAPER666

·
Respect My Authorita!!!!
6,449 Posts
I've said it before and i'll say it again. If they don't start to ticket left lane cruisers, at least let us who want to get somewhere pit manuver them out into the median. Eventually they'll get the idea.

PS, 90% of my road rage comes from these morons who choose to clog up the fast lanes.
:D i vote for that lol.

·
Haters gonna Hate
2,994 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was dicussed a while back there is no such thing as a "fast lane". As many have said it is called the "passing lane" ;) I was reamed for that way back when!

Honestly if you all think its bad back home come to Cali. You have some idiots that will be flying down the road at 120 MPH (no joke) in the right hand lane, and then you will have some turd going 45 in the left lane. It gets to the point where I have literally seen people passing in out and of lanes swerving to get between those people. Its scary, cause I can't tell anyone how many times I have almost been hit cause they just don't care, they will come within inches of hitting you.

And merging ... don't even get me started :wadel:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
every day i get on to 64 i always see some old person go straight from the ramp to the middle lane, and go slower then everyone else. never fails, its like they are trying to piss everyone off.
Aren't you supposed to cruise in the middle lane though? The left lane is for passing and the right lane for exiting/entering traffic (when there are three lanes). That is what I remember from driver's ed at least.

·
Premium Member
6,518 Posts
I hope this comes to pass here. Along with ticketing for not using a mother fucking turn signal. This mostly applies to 98% of fucking asshole BMW drives. When they buy them is there an option not to get fucking turn signals on the car? Everyday I wish many of them into guardrails somewhere in their travels.

·
Y B C M
1,570 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was dicussed a while back there is no such thing as a "fast lane". As many have said it is called the "passing lane" ;) I was reamed for that way back when!

Honestly if you all think its bad back home come to Cali. You have some idiots that will be flying down the road at 120 MPH (no joke) in the right hand lane, and then you will have some turd going 45 in the left lane. It gets to the point where I have literally seen people passing in out and of lanes swerving to get between those people. Its scary, cause I can't tell anyone how many times I have almost been hit cause they just don't care, they will come within inches of hitting you.

And merging ... don't even get me started :wadel:

lived in cali 24 years... I definately know what you mean . lol
traffice in louisville is nothing compared to it.

cept when it rains and suddenly most people in louisville forget how to drive..got WAY to slow.. and start crashing for no reason.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts