502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
u hate, but u love
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my friend just got a del sol, and it needed a new tranny. so he just bought an SI tranny to fit, but i have no clue how to switch it out, so if you guys could just give me a thorough walk through on how to do it, i would greatly appreciate it. like i said i know about hondas but i dont know anything about switchin out the trannys and another thing. Where do i pour the tranny fluid cause im pretty sure im half blind and i cant find where to put it...thanks guys...and maybe girls

·
1,207 Posts
if u have no clue dont touch it. u need to get someone to do it for u. i can do it if interested pm me. im in clarksville.its not a just jump into project its not hard but u need to no what u r doing or it will take forever.

·
u hate, but u love
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ight thanks, haha i wont touch it...ill just wait for a project to come up and then just start learnin off of that...and no moses, i will not trade you cars 4g aka not me

·
Registered
279 Posts
what is the casting code of the "Si" tranny going into the sol?

Helps to verify he has the correct tranny before gets balls deep.

"D" Tranny Guru

·
u hate, but u love
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes its a D-series tranny off a crx si...goin into a D15, it was the first tranny offered so he got it for potential use til he gets his GSR. if it doesnt work o well, we got it free, its better than the tranny he has now which has no fourth gear and 5th pops out at 2500 rpm. i know the tranny runs good for a fact cause i used to drive the CRX all the time til my buddy totaled it

·
40mpg and bang pow pow
10,200 Posts
yes its a D-series tranny off a crx si...goin into a D15, it was the first tranny offered so he got it for potential use til he gets his GSR. if it doesnt work o well, we got it free, its better than the tranny he has now which has no fourth gear and 5th pops out at 2500 rpm. i know the tranny runs good for a fact cause i used to drive the CRX all the time til my buddy totaled it
Is it a cable tranny? As you know the Del Sol is a hydro setup, right? So that tranny is a no go unless the CRX had a swap..

·
iStunt
3,403 Posts
Is it a cable tranny? As you know the Del Sol is a hydro setup, right? So that tranny is a no go unless the CRX had a swap..
forgot about that shit well eric id get simon hes a straight dude to help out
and

moses = duel point slow.

·
1,207 Posts
u cant use that tranny u have to get hydro just like Android said. no go.

·
back at it again
7,198 Posts
but for the right price i have one lol slight grind in second and i can put it in for u just pm me

·
smarter than you
12,705 Posts
but for the right price i have one lol slight grind in second and i can put it in for u just pm me
are you a paying sponsor? if not, I don't want to see self advertisements that you will install anything.

K thx bye.

www.honda-tech.com will give you a step by step guide to R/R transmission just use the big red search button. While it seems you have no clue about what you are doing, it may be easier to give someone a few hundred bucks and have them do it in 3hrs.

·
Registered
279 Posts
as a "teacher" if your willing to help wrench, aka learn, tranny swap is cheaper and quicker.

See why I ask the right questions to if the tranny was cable or hydro?

I had someone from KY drive to Cincy to install a Quaife tranny. He drove up in a CRX, had a Y8 tranny to swap in.

Yep, I hate swapping trannys anymore, and I've mastered it without using a lift.

·
u hate, but u love
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow, im proud of you, knowing that you can do it without a lift just puts me to complete shame :/ hehe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts