502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Loves The Meth
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the full article
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_nkorea_missile

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea defiantly carried out a provocative rocket launch Sunday that the U.S., Japan and other nations suspect was a cover for a test of its long-range missile technology.

Liftoff took place at 11:30 a.m. (0230GMT) Sunday from the coastal Musudan-ri launch pad in northeastern North Korea, the South Korean and U.S. governments said. The multistage rocket hurtled toward the Pacific, reaching Japanese airspace within seven minutes, but no debris appeared to hit its territory, officials in Tokyo said.

The U.N. Security Council approved an emergency session for Sunday afternoon in New York, following a request from Japan that came minutes after the launch.

The South Koreans called it "reckless," the Americans "provocative," and Japan said it strongly protested the launch.
Ballsy, and still WTF. discuss...

·
username fail
1,052 Posts
why cant country's just behave, and why do we have to play world police, whos next iran?

·
死神
10,925 Posts
Because only America should have missiles. We are right, and everyone else is just wrong.

·
ZTM is my FAV!!!
1,771 Posts
As long as its not at us I dont care

·
username fail
1,052 Posts
I'm sure we test missiles all the time. :dunno:

i am pretty sure we do, but its over our own soil. i can almost bet that if that thing came anywere near u.s. airspace it would have been shot down, but it didnt so cant make any assumptions.

·
WHY DID YOU TURN??!!?
5,893 Posts
I'm much more worried about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_of_All_Bombs
http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzz/Father_Of_All_Bombs

No fall out = launch or drop as many as you would like without consequence. If one exploded near or on a cave in Afghanistan, if the fire ball chasing you deep into the cave doesn't get you, the fact that it steals all of your oxygen will.
It's basically a super massive flash bang.

Aviation Thermobaric Bomb of Increased Power (ATBIP) (Russian: Авиационная вакуумная бомба повышенной мощности (АВБПМ)), nicknamed "Father of All Bombs" (FOAB), is a Russian-made air-delivered/land activated thermobaric weapon that is reportedly four times more powerful than the U.S. military's GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb (MOAB, backronymed as the "mother of all bombs"; hence the nickname for the ATBIP). This would make it the most powerful conventional (non-nuclear) weapon in the world.[1] In describing the bomb's destructive power, Russian deputy armed forces chief of staff Alexander Rukshin is quoted as saying, "all that is alive merely evaporates."[2] It was successfully field-tested in the late evening of September 11, 2007.[3] According to the military, the new weapon will replace several smaller types of nuclear bombs in its arsenal,[4] although the legitimacy of the Russian weapon's size and power has been called into question.[5]
The vacuum device yields the equivalent of 44 tons of TNT using 7.8 tons of a new type of high explosive developed with the use of nanotechnology. Because of this, the bomb has the same destructive power as a small tactical nuclear weapon.[6] The bomb works by detonating in mid-air. Most damage is inflicted by a supersonic shockwave and extremely high temperatures, which incinerate everything nearby.[4][7] Thermobaric weapons differ from conventional explosive weapons by using oxygen from the atmosphere, rather than carrying an oxidizing agent in their explosives. They produce more energy than normal weapons but are harder to control.[1]

According to General Alexander Rushkin, the Russian deputy chief of staff, the new bomb is smaller than the MOAB but much deadlier because, due to nanotechnology, the temperature at the centre of the blast is twice as high.[3][8][9] He says the bomb's capabilities are comparable to nuclear weapons, but unlike a nuclear weapon, use of the weapon doesn’t damage or pollute the environment (apart from the environment inside the blast radius).[4]

In comparison, the MOAB produces the equivalent of 11 tons of TNT from 8 tons of high explosive. The blast radius of the FOAB is 300 m, more than double that of the MOAB, and the temperature at the epicenter of its blast is two times as high.[7]

·
booooost
17,574 Posts
Reactions: Boomh4u3r

·
& Gang
25,168 Posts
What's the point? Bunch of fucking **** in N. Korea.

·
Just a reminder...
13,805 Posts
Because only America should have missiles. We are right, and everyone else is just wrong.
I hope they bomb your fucking house. Take those fucking emo glasses off you where and see whats happening in the world around you.

·
Ad maiorem Dei gloriam
8,468 Posts
What an ignorant statement. I guess North Korea is just all peachy keen and lollipops to you, eh? Go buy yourself a clue.

What I find funny is the UN (well, theyre funny enough just by themselves) calling an "emergency session". :rolleyes: As if theyre ever going to do anything.

·
死神
10,925 Posts
I hope they bomb your fucking house. Take those fucking emo glasses off you where and see whats happening in the world around you.
Nice engrish, 'tard.

What an ignorant statement. I guess North Korea is just all peachy keen and lollipops to you, eh? Go buy yourself a clue.
Yea, that's what I said. :rolleyes:

we're not nearly as hostile as Korea
American isn't hostile? Ummm right, maybe if we are referring to South America.

I knew my statement would produce all kinds of butthurt, but it had to be said. Other countries have weapons development going on as well...Iran, China, shit Russia is probably still producing all kinds of nastiness. The point is it is a country's right to develop such things, and America makes for some seriously shitty world police. See also: Operation Iraqi Freedom. It was definitely a mistake to fire the missile over Japan, but this is just another instance in which NK is using threats to try and gain some international attention.

Reactions: oblioso
1 - 20 of 41 Posts