502 Street Scene Forums banner
81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
High Water

The last time I went they where Clearing alot of the woods. The guys from Rage Offroad go up there to test rigs and they just went up there 2 weeks ago w:hammer:ith no issues.

We are meeting at Fastlane/Rage Offroad at 1:00 pm

·
back in KY.
2,483 Posts
yeah, that place is a blast for sure. i've just been in situations where the policia were waiting for me when I left... If that wasn't really an issue any longer it would be cool as hell.

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
So is anyone down for HNH tomorrow Sunday 12/9?
i'm scheduling for either the next sunday or the following one after that.
considering the warm weather, i'm going to be swapping wiring harnesses in the colt.

·
80's car fanatic
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
i live very close to highwater, if anyone goes please message me
im all up for that

·
80's car fanatic
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
google highwater rd new albany, in
google earth gives you great images of the trails out there
ive also heard that fort knox also lets people ride the trails out there on the weekends

·
No longer the monkey butt!
1,248 Posts
ft knox would be cool as hell. I would think there would be all kinds of trouble to be had there though

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
last I heard highwater was a hotspot for the popo, seeing as it is all private land.

wouldn't recommend going up there. nor talking about how a local offroad shop uses someone elses property to "test vehicles".

·
Registered
93 Posts
HighWater

Had a great time but it was sloppy. will post some pics later. As for the Police and trespassing nether was done. They property we stayed on had been OK'd by the land owner so i guess you all missed out. I am in Tampa next weekend but the following one we talked about going to HnH. :loco:

·
No longer the monkey butt!
1,248 Posts
Thats cool, I would've loved to have gone....i was getting for finals darn near all day.

Is the land that was ok'd only open to a certain group of people I am guessing?

·
Registered
93 Posts
We can only go with the guys from the shop. and they have several weekends that it is completely off limits for Deer season. We are thinking of staying at HnH Sat and Sun in 2 weeks if anyone is up for camping.

·
make it or break it
282 Posts
high water

high water has been off limits for like 2 years now i dont think it would be wise going unless you are 100pecent positive you have permision. cops were craking down pretty hard for awhile

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for all the concern guys

Can't believe this thread has went on this long over highwater. Next time we go i'll keep it to myself since pennies are flying all over this forum with everyones two cents. Hope to see everybody the weekend of the 22nd at HNH. I plan on going down saturday when i close the shop to camp and wheel on sunday.

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
Can't believe this thread has went on this long over highwater. Next time we go i'll keep it to myself since pennies are flying all over this forum with everyones two cents. Hope to see everybody the weekend of the 22nd at HNH. I plan on going down saturday when i close the shop to camp and wheel on sunday.
There is that much concern over highwater because...

1) Parts of it are private/state land which is not open to public use
2) People on this forum have encountered police when leaving highwater
3) If it's illegal, riding on that property does no good for the 4x4 community, and further hinders the progress made by parks like HillznHollarz.

No one here is your mother, so you do what you please. But don't complain one day when the only legal places to ride are pay-to-play parks that are 3+ hrs away.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not sure what me wheeling on private property has to do with closing any other land. I am a member of HNH and support any local offroad parks. I'll make sure any private wheeling parties will stay private and hopefully see you guys at HNH. I guess my property at Rough River is off limits also because I don't have waivers and its private property. I wish we would keep this forum about wheeling not Keyboard Crawling. Everyone needs to put what ever piece of SH#T you are driving in 4wheel low and quit sounding like a bunch of girls. I hope this topic is DEAD!

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
If you're not sure what illegal trespassing on private property that does not belong to you or that you do not have permission to access has to do with closing of OHV areas around the country then I can't help you.

Like I said, I'm not your mother. I personally would love it if a place as close as highwater was open to the public for wheelin. But from what I understand that is not the case.

Sure, we could all throw on the ignorance cap, put our trucks in 4 Lo and go tear up whatever we want... Does that really do anything to further our sport?

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
want public land open to wheel on? move west. one day i will!
until then, i'm staying off private property as i can't afford the tresspassing fines and possible impoundments.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you're not sure what illegal trespassing on private property that does not belong to you or that you do not have permission to access has to do with closing of OHV areas around the country then I can't help you.

Like I said, I'm not your mother. I personally would love it if a place as close as highwater was open to the public for wheelin. But from what I understand that is not the case.

Sure, we could all throw on the ignorance cap, put our trucks in 4 Lo and go tear up whatever we want... Does that really do anything to further our sport?
Again you are ASSuming we trespassed. I know what trespassing does for the sport. I never said anything about you putting your ignorance:cool: helmet on and tearing anything up. The last time i saw anyone tearing anything up was at HNH when several people jumped their trucks like they raced C.O.R.R. Watching parts fall off there vehicles and ending their day of wheeling.

·
Can Raw time The Stig!
7,101 Posts
Again you are ASSuming we trespassed. I know what trespassing does for the sport. I never said anything about you putting your ignorance:cool: helmet on and tearing anything up. The last time i saw anyone tearing anything up was at HNH when several people jumped their trucks like they raced C.O.R.R. Watching parts fall off there vehicles and ending their day of wheeling.
Can you get some of us in on this? I LOVE local wheeling, and if you have a connection / permission then let's go rock n roll.:cool:

81 - 100 of 120 Posts