502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Caution: Troll
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember the color of the car, I'm sure it was white but I could be wrong, it was late at night. But it was a rabbit and it had the little rabbit symbol on the hatch with GTi beside it, also had some stickers on the side-glass. HID's or really bright headlights and foglights also. Anyone on here?

And my googling has failed. Did they even make a real GTi rabbit? Last time I checked the GTi Golf was more or less a Rabbit GTi. And if they did, specs please.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I can't remember the color of the car, I'm sure it was white but I could be wrong, it was late at night. But it was a rabbit and it had the little rabbit symbol on the hatch with GTi beside it, also had some stickers on the side-glass. HID's or really bright headlights and foglights also. Anyone on here?

And my googling has failed. Did they even make a real GTi rabbit? Last time I checked the GTi Golf was more or less a Rabbit GTi. And if they did, specs please.
No newer Rabbit GTI. The last one was back in the 80's. The new new one is only a Rabbit, nothing special 2.5. The GTI is still a Golf.

·
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weird, I was just looking that up myself. It looked like a golf IIRC because of the black trim near the bottom but I could swear it had a rabbit front end and on the back, in the upper left of the hatch it had the rabbit badge with a GTI logo. Maybe someone did a swap? It was a quick lil booger but I still pulled. It looked as if someone put a lot of time/money into the car. I mean it had very nice expensive looking 6k HID's and fogs, and it was peppy. I know a regular rabbit would have not even worried me at all in a race.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Where were you when you ran it? About what year was it? What did you run it in?

This is starting to look like one of your typical bullshit threads...
If you pulled it, it had to be stock with some sort of driveline proublems. Any decent Dub shouldn't have any worries when they see you.

·
LADIES! Do you ever...
1,882 Posts
If it is a vr then the spec v would have won.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
If it is a vr then the spec v would have won.
you gotta be kidding me. you think a spec v would pull on a vr6 dub of any kind? thats a new one to me

·
LADIES! Do you ever...
1,882 Posts
Yeah I don't understand why everyone loves them vr golfs are slow

·
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was leaving a friends in a Apt complex near hurstbourne/btown road intersection last night, around 3AM IIRC. I saw HID's coming up on me and it appeared sporty so I slowed up to see what it was and hoping for maybe a good run.

He went by me (had a car in front of me poking along 10under the limit) and thats when I noticed the rabbit and GTI badge beside each other. Got beside him at the light near autozone in ferncreek heading south on bardstown road. The one right about a mile north of Frisch's big boy, arbys, blockbuster video etc.

I looked over at him, but he didn't look back and since the road was damp I didn't want to try a dig race anyhow. I didn't rev on him or anything but I did notice those stickers then, I remember what they said though. I took off normal, I think he did too.

I was reving to 4500ish and shifting which sounds like I'm kinda winding out but its not that high with a 7krpm redline. I was watching him in my side mirror out of the corner of my eye, I shifted to third and got near 4k and I noticed his front end raise up some and he began flying up to me, at this point he was about two car lengths back. I didn't bother to downshift as I don't know my ratios well enough and over-revving a new car FTL. So I floored it at 4krpms in 3rd. By the time I got to about 4800rpms I stopped his MPH advantage on me leaving him close to my rear bumper from what I saw. Finishing 3rd gear I put him back another length, again it could have been more there but I stopped watching behind me. I shut down at the end of third, because I didn't want to go that fast in that area. But the roads were pretty much empty at that time of the morning so it wasn't a huge deal.

I just hope he is on here because it was a nice looking car and I'm wondering WTF it has done to it.

·
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everyone does know I have an *07 Spec-V* Right? Which is an entirely new vehicle! It is NOTHING like the older ones that had a bad rep for being weak. The Spec-V competes WITH the new 2.0T GTi and the Civic Si.

·
Registered
869 Posts
It's still slow.

Let's line up a lil weak ass 1.8 with that new car of yours... just to see how bad your lyin. Whatcha think.

·
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is done to your MKIV 1.8T... Because on other forums no one has had any problems with one in their B16's yet. 1.8T stock is a low 15. Spec-V's are around mid 14's.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yep, mines slow. It's the 2001, 150hp AWW version. It's loud and dropped. Nothing at all worth talkng about has been done.

·
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AWW version? I guess I'm down for a go.

·
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't care, whatever works for you I guess as long as it isn't 8am-6pm on a weekday. (work)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Either tomorrow (later today) if I don't have a run lined up or Tuesday when I get back from where ever. Say Bardstown Rd. somewhere around the Bullitt/Jeff line? Meet up at the White Castle right off 265.

I'll post up after 2pm tomorrow to let you know what my schedule is doing.

·
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright that works for me. I work up near the waterson/preston and I get off at 5:30. I'll have my laptop with me so I'll log-in at work as I'm getting off.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The Lot where I park the truck is around Watterson/ Newburg. If the time is right, I'll just meet you on Produce Ln.

·
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Damn, I work on Gilmore lane. I drive the work van down produce every day. Small world.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts