502 Street Scene Forums banner

New to Tuning

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  jdm2000civic 
#1 ·
Hi, I own a 1993 Honda Accord and it's super plain (stock, basically an old fixer upper at this point), and lets say my knowledge is 0... I have interest and want to begin fixing it up as a new hobby/project car. I want to know of any opinions on where I can learn about my possibilities of what I can do to my car. I know I wanna put in a new engine and transmission but I have no clue as to where I'd begin, what would or wouldn't work in my car, or what else I should/need to do after. I want to start researching now and continue learning as I go along. Magazines, books, other websites...? Anything that would explain and advance my knowledge from Novice Level and spell it all out for me...

Also, anyone else from the Dallas area? I need to Network and make contacts for help and advice, any great tuner shops worth checking out?

Thanks in advance

#15 ·
Coming from a Honda owner:

Don't mod your Honda, enjoy it for it's reliability and gas mileage. If anything put a nice stereo and speakers in it to enjoy your commute.

Save some money up, spend said money getting married, attempt to save more money, pay off bills and loans, save up money again, buy project car (not a honda), and enjoy life.

Also this is a fourm for Kentucky/Indiana, welcome misguided one.

P.S. F.B.G.:MONEY:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.