502 Street Scene Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hell yeah! Awesome to see business is growing. I still have about 80 Feathers left but wouldn't mind checking out some other blades. Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hell yeah! Awesome to see business is growing. I still have about 80 Feathers left but wouldn't mind checking out some other blades. Any recommendations?
Thanks for the well wishes! It has been a lot of work, and the growth is slow, but it is there. We hope expanding inventory will accelerate our growth!

As far as blades go, It depends on what you're shooting for. If you are all about getting the absolute closest shave at the cost of being overly aggressive, feathers are the blade for you. I don't think there is anything more sharp or aggressive.

If you want a blade that is going to be more mild, a bit less finicky, and allow you to shave a little faster/more haphazardly I'd recommend any of the following:

Gillette black, yellow or green
Astras - cheap, but I really enjoy them, and they hold an edge for a loooong time even when the wife shaves her legs with it
Personna platinum - shaves similar to the Gillette blacks, but hold an edge longer (for us)
Bolzano - this is probably our best seller in blades, though I don't have good luck with them. Guess all the people buying them can't be wrong though. Might be worth a shot if you're feeling froggy.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Just got these in from backorder. The Merkur 39c. This thing is a beast. The more aggressive slant bar head of the Merkur 37c, combined with the monster heavy-duty handle of the Merkur 38c. This thing is serious business!

Merkur 39c

41 - 46 of 46 Posts