502 Street Scene Forums banner
41 - 60 of 117 Posts
Do they down help reduce drag?
if you buy the right sized wheels with stock fenders, aka 5in offset for 8in wide wheels, then the slicks will fit inside the fenders as it goes down the track. AKA at speed they grow. So really at the end of the day, you end up with more frontal mass with this front end. So you decrease aerodynamics. Now this is all small in the grand scheme of things, but it allows you to have a lowered car and a cleaner car.

anyone that knows wade, knows he's 110% about having a car low to the ground. He also loves having a clean car, so this will help him from going wadel over rubber.

Yea, i am stepping up to the bigger core. As you know, EKs have ALOT of room and with this new front end, it makes even MORE room. I can damn near fit a midget in the bumper area now.

I dont wanna run a bogart/weld wheel with DRs on the street for a few reasons...
~ they safe TRACK use only on them for one
~ if you hit a pothole or large bump on them on the road, they are SOOO soft that they been known to capsize and send people into the guardrails, and i dont want that. :eek:)

I am going to have bogart front/rears for the track and for the street I will have the 0-offset rim (shown above) with a .25" wheel spacer on 26" DRs for the front.:)

Don't be a sissy and get the 24 x 12 x 4.5 core ;)

Discussion starter · #49 ·
seems everyone here gets the point of the front end except for the v8bratwurst guy. I have NO idea what is is trying to get across, so i simply laugh as well as everyone else here.

i'm digging the panda color scheme. you should keep it two tone, keep the roof/pillars black and paint the body white.

41 - 60 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.