502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my new parts put on :) Don't mind the incorrect fitting 96-98 hood. I have a 99-00 hood coming :)

·
booooost
17,574 Posts
Who's driving?

·
Driving Slow
7,356 Posts
Looks very clean cut. The suspension/brake setup looks weak as shit but hey... it's stock.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
looks good- looked better stock

·
Really, really slow
2,132 Posts
Nice, the true sexy time comes when that humongous gaping hole in the front bumper is filled with intercooler :hammer:

·
smarter than you
12,705 Posts
so what wheels are you going to run to fill it out? I think if you did a 15x8 with a 4in backspace, you could probably have enough room to fill it out, then you could run the M&H radial or BFG radial.

Surprised it lines up that well, i still randomly consider it for the drag car of mine. What's the size of the opening, always looked to be fitted for precision 750 core.

·
Thread Killer
6,768 Posts
So are you planning on being able to drive the car to the track or is it a haul it there haul it back kinda deal?

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Are you gonna put a low offset wheel? I saw you were on HT, and posted in the low offset thread. Anyway, looks pretty good, cant wait to see it done.

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks very clean cut. The suspension/brake setup looks weak as shit but hey... it's stock.
It has no suspension at all on it. All you see is the knuckles. It will have Omni Drag suspension on it. 12K fronts and 18K rears.

I'll be the first to say that looks terrible.
to each their own. Its not a show car. It will look better once I get the large backspaced wheels and stickies on the front with a paint job :)

so what wheels are you going to run to fill it out? I think if you did a 15x8 with a 4in backspace, you could probably have enough room to fill it out, then you could run the M&H radial or BFG radial.
Surprised it lines up that well, i still randomly consider it for the drag car of mine. What's the size of the opening, always looked to be fitted for precision 750 core.
At the track I will run a std. 4inch backspace drag rim with 24.5s or 26s depending if i am at Nopi/NHRA event or not.
Daily I will run a streetable 0-offset 15/16 inch rim with a 25/26inch tall drag radial. With a .25inch wheel spacer on with the 0-offset wheels, the math i did should have the wheel right out with the fender perfectly.
I will get you the front opening measurement wednesday. I am going to order a Garrett core IC and make some large daddy endtanks for it :) Should fill it up entirely.

This is the street driven rims for the front with the 0-offset. I will prob run a 235/60x15 DR for the street (exactly what vtak had, which was right at 26" tall iirc)

1 - 20 of 117 Posts