502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
PELINKOVAC
9,893 Posts
would you be interested in putting one together? i have a cyl head you can use if you find yourself a neon 420a engine. then youd need a valve cover and manifolds. its kind of the long way but it would seem simpler since its hard to find a good T/E 420a for cheap

·
Church of 4Gs!
2,020 Posts
or matt, you could sell me your shell because now i want to start a 2.5L V6 project now that the turbo 420a is coming to a completion.

Reactions: TalonTSi96

·
Riddle's Auto Refinishing
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
or matt, you could sell me your shell because now i want to start a 2.5L V6 project now that the turbo 420a is coming to a completion.
I thought about that years ago but then realized they are also turds. They put out what 25 more hp than the 420a? And they didnt make a manual v6. It would be a waste of time unless u already had a avenger layin around

·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would you be interested in putting one together? i have a cyl head you can use if you find yourself a neon 420a engine. then youd need a valve cover and manifolds. its kind of the long way but it would seem simpler since its hard to find a good T/E 420a for cheap
I found one. but I have an old neon block with spud bearings i could have built, but, i dont have the time and motivation to do all that to a n/a car!! My turbo laser still needs to be built!

·
Thread Killer
6,768 Posts
serious inquiry

How much would you be willing to give for an Avenger with a running 420a pull the motor and part the rest out on your own?

·
Thread Killer
6,768 Posts
Welp scratch that idea then. It was just a thought. These motors seem hard to come by for a $75 motor. Not doubting you just seems that supply and demand aren't equaling out here.

·
PELINKOVAC
9,893 Posts
you can get them out of neons, you just have fitment issues if you use the neon head. pm b-kerr and youll see how much he'll sell you one for.

dude if someones selling you a 420a for 600 hes fucking jipping you, lol my friends have been using junkyard 420a's on their cars for a few years and they didnt pay no more than maybe 350-400 including swapping heads and machine work.

·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you can get them out of neons, you just have fitment issues if you use the neon head. pm b-kerr and youll see how much he'll sell you one for.

dude if someones selling you a 420a for 600 hes fucking jipping you, lol my friends have been using junkyard 420a's on their cars for a few years and they didnt pay no more than maybe 350-400 including swapping heads and machine work.
Oh I know. I have had 6 neons and 7 eclipses and 1 avenger. Im sayin theyre hard to find without all the parts missing for cheap. Grade A auto parts actually has some, but for 600. Rediculious! I am buyin one for 75 bux. complete. I have a neon 420a shortblock, but it needs rodbearings.

·
Church of 4Gs!
2,020 Posts
if you dont put stock internals back in it, you will never have another problem with it again.

Reactions: TalonTSi96

·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bump. I bought the motor, put it in, and it runs great, aside the fucking rods getting ready to jump out of the block! So... Anyone wanna sell a 420A? Mopartim, how much? Trades?

·
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If I do that, I gotta pull it out, pull it apart, fix it, rebuild it, spend the money to put new gaskets, and tons of money into it, then re install it. Its not really worth all the hassle to me. Its a d/d. pos 420a. but if all else fails..... I guess ill have to. Life sux:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts