502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
We can work it Night by Night
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally I posted asking about places to off-road AND camp. However, a friend asked if I could take him out for a day in the Jeep for fun....sounds like an excuse to go off roading to me!

Anywhere within a half hour or so of Louisville I could go and do some mediocre stuff? Just going to go out for a few hours and come back.

·
Hey, Sexy Lady
3,866 Posts
Highwater

·
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Googling around, and all I see is water crossing and news reports, lol. I'm still looking, but where abouts is it?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Googling around, and all I see is water crossing and news reports, lol. I'm still looking, but where abouts is it?
It's a local, not exactly legal place on the edge of New Albany. I haven't been back there in years. No idea what it's like these days or how much interference you might run into. If you still want to go - it's "Highwater Road" in New Albany.

·
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Copy, must be what Chuckls is talking about. I'll google map it here ina few and check it out. Thanks for the info guys!

·
Hey, Sexy Lady
3,866 Posts
Yeah, it's where I've taken my past two subarus. It's fun!

·
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, looking on google map, it looks like it's just a road, with some turnoffs into the grass/dirt? Or is it pretty obvious where these are?

·
Registered
198 Posts
So, looking on google map, it looks like it's just a road, with some turnoffs into the grass/dirt? Or is it pretty obvious where these are?
It's obvious, or used to be - trails go up into the power lines. You want to turn onto Highwater rd off of Corydon-New Albany pike, or whatever it's called.

·
Hey, Sexy Lady
3,866 Posts
Turn from Corydon pike onto Old Corydon rd, and you'll see the entrance on the left side. It's super fun.

Majority of video is ******** talking shit. Skip to 1:30 for action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDIiOS1qI7A

·
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info. Will be checking this out sooner than later. What is the legality of this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts