502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
sorry 'bout my face
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get rid of it?

After leaving my camry unattended for so long, I have quite the mold problem in the passenger seat and on the floor. It's black, and apparently growing. I've tried to scrape it a little and some comes off, but I mean it's pretty bad on the carpet.

Will I need to gut the carpet on that side and replace the seat, or is there something I can spray on there and eventually get it clean enough to be habitable?

·
Teh Inky
9,516 Posts
Bleach will kill it, but will bleach the seats.

If you really care about the car, you may try a detailer. They might be able to shampoo it out.

And fix the damn door seals! :p

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
white vinegar will kill it too and won't bleach your carpet

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Gasoline and a match will surely take care of it.

·
sorry 'bout my face
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bleach will kill it, but will bleach the seats.

If you really care about the car, you may try a detailer. They might be able to shampoo it out.

And fix the damn door seals! :p
Lol, it's not the door seals, but rather the window having been down for a few months after it got broke into. I was planning on junking it if I couldn't sell it for 700, so I just had a garbage bag in the window but that's been long gone. Now I've changed my mind and decided to get it back up to snuff and drive it, so I'm looking at a good amount of moldiness.

Looks like I'll be dumping some bleach in there, I don't care about what anything looks like :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts