502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up anyone on the forum been a loan officer before if so let me know if you're successful or not. im thinking about quitting my kroger job and becoming a loan officer it's 100% commission

·
Doesn't have E.D.
3,824 Posts
I believe being a loan officer requires a degree? Or do you have a degree?

·
Celica No More
4,633 Posts
hey whats up anyone on the forum been a loan officer before if so let me know if you're successful or not. im thinking about quitting my kroger job and becoming a loan officer it's 100% commission
You need a college degree.

Stay at Kroger or if you want a commission based job, become a car salesman.

·
CameraMan
1,939 Posts
Then it isnt going to pay like somewhere (as most places) that require a degree.

Mobster Loan Officer? or something like Cash Advance, or Check-N-2-Cash?

·
Premium Member
13,571 Posts
Loan officers CAN make good money, BUT the market sucks right now. Even if it is a buyers market, there just arent a lot of buyers, and there is alot of competition between lenders.

Did you know alot of places pay whats called a draw? Its basically payment in advance for future earnings. So if you dont close a loan this month, you still get paid, BUT when you close a loan or two the next month, then you get your earnings, minus the previous draw payments.

Loan officers can make good money, but it really isnt as easy as it sounds. What do you do at Kroger right now? Probably nothing even close to being a mortgage broker/loan officer

I'd suggest having at least some savings right now to help pay the bills until you get the hang of being a loan officer if you take the job.

By the way, whats the company called? I can find out more info on them, my brother is in the business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts