1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Morgan
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
doesn't know what to put here
694 Posts
Who cares? I prefer the ol' electric chair myself. I would consider lethal injection a courtesy for death row inmates. You don't go to death row for doing stupid crimes. You have to be one fucked up individual. I have no mercy.
agree...i like the line up and shoot them style tho

edit: i think is too many shots. 3 shots to kill a person..WTF?

·
694 Posts
The inmate is strapped to a gurney in the death chamber. An IV line is put in each arm, one as a backup in case veins collapse. After the curtains open for public viewing, the inmate gets a chance to say any last words and the death decree is read by the warden.

The first drug, the anesthetic sodium thiopental, is injected to induce unconsciousness, which often occurs within seconds. If after 60 seconds the inmate is still conscious because the drug hasn't reached the bloodstream, a second injection is given in the other arm.

One to two minutes into unconsciousness, pancuronium bromide is injected, a neuromuscular blocking agent that paralyzes the inmate and slows breathing to prevent convulsions, vomiting or twitching. It's a precaution taken mainly for the benefit of onlookers.

Finally, potassium chloride is injected to cause a heart attack and death.

Typically, the entire injection process takes two to 10 minutes, experts say.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
I'm actually pro cruel and unusual punishment. I think crime would go down drastically. If you raped someone and then you were raped once a day everyday for the next 5 years while in jail, I think rape crimes would go down. As far as lethal injection goes, they should quit complaining so that we don't go back to the guillotine. I believe they actually proved you could live up to 2 seconds after your head was cut off. :D Lets see how they like that one.

·
Morgan
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm actually pro cruel and unusual punishment. I think crime would go down drastically. If you raped someone and then you were raped once a day everyday for the next 5 years while in jail, I think rape crimes would go down. As far as lethal injection goes, they should quit complaining so that we don't go back to the guillotine. I believe they actually proved you could live up to 2 seconds after your head was cut off. :D Lets see how they like that one.
That's how I mainly feel. If you stab and kill someone, you should be stabbed and killed. I agree that crime would go down.

·
the other white meat
1,279 Posts
exactly, firing squad. painless and cheap as hell

·
694 Posts
exactly, firing squad. painless and cheap as hell
hell almost everyone on 502ss would show up just to shoot their guns in front of police and get away with it.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
i personally feel that the death penalty in general is extremely inhumane. but if i were to pick the lesser of the evils i would probably say lethal injection is the least inhumane.

·
Blah!
10,800 Posts
firing squad ftw
Screw that....once found guilty, just take them around back and put a bullet in thier head. That way they aren't living it up in prison and all of us paying for them to live for anohter 15-20 years before they actually execute them.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
I never got the swab thing either. I say give 'em AIDs.
We want them to die anyways.

And no more of that jail bullshit. If you sentenced to death it's the express lane. Have to kill them within 24 hours.

·
Random Post guy
8,896 Posts
Screw that....once found guilty, just take them around back and put a bullet in thier head. That way they aren't living it up in prison and all of us paying for them to live for anohter 15-20 years before they actually execute them.
This would also cut down on energy usage. All of the trips to the courtroom to have the hearings, appeals, and other bullshit, you could have saved tons of energy. Think of all the trees that could have been saved from those mounds of files and documents.

·
Registered
15,588 Posts
I never got the swab thing either. I say give 'em AIDs.
We want them to die anyways.

And no more of that jail bullshit. If you sentenced to death it's the express lane. Have to kill them within 24 hours.
The swab with alcohol helps make the veins pop up. I say fuck them and take them out back and shoot them.

·
flux capacitor
255 Posts
For some fucked up reason it costs more to do the lethal injection than it does to let them rot in prison. wtf.. I say firing squad would work just fine. Or go middle east where people start loosin limbs for crime. Thats a pretty good crime deterant.

·
I love this song!!!
2,114 Posts
I say the old eye for an eye. I mean they had no regard for human life and didnt care if they took whoever out in a humane way so why should they be treated special?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts