502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
now in street trim
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
sup guys. just wanted to update on where im at with my build and also wanted to ask everyones opinion on my fuel setup.

i sent my block and head to jim ruddicks in seymour, he does all the machine work for our dealership and always appeared to do great work. ive got to be honost, for the amount of work i had performed, the price is pretty amazing. for $350 i had my entire rotating assembly balanced including the flywheel and pressure plate, new pistons mated to my rods, decked and oringed block, milled head, slight exhaust port and polish, polished intake ports, bored the head holes 1mm oversize so it could mate to a 6bolt block, bored .20 over and honed, and he put my head and block in an oven after an acid bath so they look brand new. i was thinking 780's, but again i have never built a 4g63; ive never built any motor from the ground up for that fact, but im pretty sure im on the right path.

as for parts ive changed, i ordered a ported black powdercoated intake manifold with ported tb, a koyo aluminum radiator with twin slim lines, a new front mount with short route piping setup, a equal length tubular ram horn style t3 manifold with a 40mm wastegate flange, a used tial 40mm wastegate, a balance shaft elimination kit, an act streetlite flywheel (im hoping my act2600 will mount up, i think it will), new water pump, new oil pump, all new timing components, acl race bearings, and all the new gaskets I needed. now here is my question, im running a walbro 255lph pump and im ordering an aeromotive fpr- im hoping to make around 400whp on my b62 turbo. after checking specs, its slightly smaller than my 50trim. im going to be running dsmlink to tune with, I was just wondering what size injector I should probably to achieve my goals. i dont want to go overkill, just enough to meet my hp goals and have a little bit of duty cycle left to play with.

just looking on some opinions or past experience anyone has had. thanks!

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
for $350 i had my entire rotating assembly balanced including the flywheel and pressure plate, new pistons mated to my rods, decked and oringed block, milled head, slight exhaust port and polish, polished intake ports, bored the head holes 1mm oversize so it could mate to a 6bolt block, bored .20 over and honed, and he put my head and block in an oven after an acid bath so they look brand new. ]

Damn who is this guy? Does he normally charge that much for ALL that work?

·
that's one!
2,196 Posts
i'd say your gonna need a bigger turbo that you can keep in its efficiency range making 400whp...i wouldn't go anything less than 680cc inj.

·
now in street trim
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
his name is Jimmie, i can supply a number to anyone who wants to pm me for one. im not sure if all prices are normally that low, but I do know that he bores 4cylinders for around 15 a hole depending on bore of the cylinders.

I suppose i'll go ahead and push toward a set of 780's then. thx, any other advice?

·
that's one!
2,196 Posts
get some cams and a wideband

·
now in street trim
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I hear alot of arguments on the valve train. can 264s/272s be used with a stock valve train? i probably wont rev past 7500, if that.

·
\""/ + ( . Y . )
18,730 Posts
i ran FP2's (272s) on stock valvetrain and stock rev limiter.

·
now in street trim
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i see. where exactly is the stock limiter set at? I always shifted at 6200 on my 14b/t25 setups so i never pushed it.

·
\""/ + ( . Y . )
18,730 Posts
7500, i thought that was why you mentioned it in the post above mine.

·
now in street trim
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i didn't know how high it was actually set, 7500 just seemed like a 7500 would be needed since im not making power until upwards of the powerband. thanks for the information though, i'll probably buy a set of bc272's then. and as far as a wideband, ive also heard of some people running into problems with aem units being off as much as .5 when used with dsmlink. should i steer clear of aem or is this not an existing problem?

Reactions: TalonTSi96

·
Mitsubitshi Eclipse GSX
611 Posts
AEM widebands are the way to go. Believe me

·
now in street trim
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah I was actually looking at an innovate once i heard about potential aem problems. i guess innovate is what i'll steer toward then, thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Neon underbody lights, a fuckload of stickers from various companies, and a huge triple erector set wing on the back should be all you need.

·
Yakuza
8,543 Posts
Neon underbody lights, a fuckload of stickers from various companies, and a huge triple erector set wing on the back should be all you need.

what?

·
Yakuza
8,543 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here and assuming you guys know I'm joking, right?

You hopefully don't see that type of ricetastic attitude in my own vehicle.

I've known "chilled" for about 8 years now.
Oh okay.

·
now in street trim
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah the stealth is by no means a slouch. Probably a low 13 high 12 second car on streets with bolt ons.

i checked some tracking numbers, looks like most of my go fast goodies a couple days out. i felt so sick when i paid all the cash, but im starting to get very excited :)

·
turbo dizzle
1,805 Posts
umm. i told you i had 750cc's and the AFC you wanted.. did you want it or not?

its a little annoying when people say they want something and not say anything about it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts