502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm curious how many people here have signed the back of their license and informed their friends/family that they want to be organ donors if they expire...?

If you have decided to donate useful body parts when you die, what parts are off limits and why/why not?? Internal parts only? ANything goes?

Another part to this question would be: What do you want done with your body once you die?? Typical burial, cremation, frozen in a block of ice, dropped off at the local taxidermist for stuffing/posing, etc....?

For me, I see no reason not to donate useful body parts... keeping them would be selfish, when they may help others. And since I'm not religious in any way, I also would prefer to be cremated and my ashes to be scattered... pretty much anywhere but in a vase on top of a family member's mantel. I also can't see any reason to exclude any body parts from donation. Take what few useful organs are left, and burn the rest.

·
Can you hear me?
847 Posts
I'm an Organ Donor!! Whatevers good let them have it. Maybe It could make someones life better! And I want to be buired in the traditional sense of the word.

·
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒÉ
2,985 Posts
i doubt many of my organs will be good when i die but it says i'm a donor.

As for burial ,slap me in a nice wood coffin, dig a hole in a spot with a nice view and kick some dirt over me. I'd rather not be embalmed or anything.

this is ot but everyone i know that's had kidney transplants said they wouldn't do it again.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
mine got signed, but I haven't done any paper work. as for the burial, i will figure that out later in life, but on a funny side note, i have a buddy that has always said "stick a bone up my ass and let the dogs carry me away for all i care". lol

·
Libertarian
4,480 Posts
Its stupid but I feel like if I sign maybe the higher power will decide someone else needs to live more than me and kill me off to save them. Crazy huh. I thought a lot about it lately though after hearing a radio ad and may do it soon.

As for burial its whatevers easiest on the family. Financially and emotionally. I won't care if I'm dead.

·
Thread Killer
704 Posts
I will give everything to a donor that they can use and maybe give my body to a forensic school were they study it. If they don't use it I will be cremated because being in a box is just useless and a waste of space and land. Also creamation is cheap.

·
Banned
19,817 Posts
I'm an organ donor as well. They can take anything they want that's useful, I certainly won't need it.

I'd like to be cremated and have my ashes scattered over somewhere cool, like maybe over Angel Falls or on the beach in Bora Bora.

·
السلام ع
3,943 Posts
I used to not have mine signed, but when I went to get my license renewed, all they had to do was click yes on some computer, so I did it.

I wanna be cremated and have my ashes mixed with my wife and then spread somewhere real nice. No point in taking up space after Im gone.

·
sar - ko - uh
3,368 Posts
If I ever make a ridiculous amount of money I would prefer to cryogenically freeze my dead body so I could one day be resurrected as a cyborg, possibly Mega Man.

·
Subie-Subie?!?!
1,658 Posts
I like how at the beginning of this thread everyone was like "OH YEA ILL DONATE MINE!!!" and I was just waiting for the people to come in and say they wouldn't, and then I LOL'ed.

As for me, Ive been debating it, I dont k ow if I would or not, I should probably make up my mind.

·
har har har
6,725 Posts
I haven't signed the back of my license, but I've told my family for years I want mine donated -- anything and everything that someone else could use. Like someone else said, I would like my body to be donated for study, but specifically Lupus research.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts