502 Street Scene Forums banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
STOMPER said:
Thanks,but its like a 20 minute job to swap out the axles.I'll just do that next week.How are things going on the blazer
has there been a jerdict? :hammer: :D
Ya.. the ORR boys said they adjusted my line pressure on the tranny. Just gotta go pick it up But now my exploder is in the shop for t-case problems (that vibrating on the hwy). I cant win... :jeffj: :caged:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Bizeeb65 said:
Ya.. the ORR boys said they adjusted my line pressure on the tranny. Just gotta go pick it up But now my exploder is in the shop for t-case problems (that vibrating on the hwy). I cant win... :jeffj: :caged:
The bright side is neither should cost you anymore money. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
WTR said:
like luke said they busted us good tonight,they had us trapted on highwater road.some of us went one way and got busted and someone else that went the other way also got busted.i woould say everyone should prolly let it cool down just a little bit
That fuking sucks. I need to get a police scanner, maybe that will work.

·
taking care of business
4,896 Posts
that certaintly does suck. I forwarded the info to my buddies who aren't on the board. What time was it when yall were up there?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Bizeeb65 said:
Or a new engine... :rofl:

/ givingyoucrapboutyourcrippledyota
yeah its a little overweight, Its got to much water weight!! ha

btw hows your truck coming along j/k :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
dc/ac king said:
that certaintly does suck. I forwarded the info to my buddies who aren't on the board. What time was it when yall were up there?
I got there about 4:15 and left at 8:30, the other guys got there about 8 and left about 11

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
Math_is_hard said:
did you want the wheels or just the tires? Thinking about selling the YOta and starting from scratch with another vehicel that has more potential. Know any body that is interrested?
PM'd You. Your truck has plenty of potential, you would just need to swap a 350 SBC and a solid axle into it :D

·
Nothing to see here
3,889 Posts
What are you thinking of to replace the Toyota? What kind of "potential" are you looking for and how much work do you want to do?

You've seen that a short wheelbase Toyota like mine makes a great, cheap trail rig. it will go pretty much anywhere I point it now and it has the potential to do a lot more with a solid axle and a little bigger tire. If you're looking to go up the steepest hills and fly over waist deep mud, stuffing a small-block and some full size axles under the truck you have may be a really fun option.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Looking for something that isn't limited with the size of engine i can fit into it and a solid axle. I'mm still debating it becasue i have a detroit locker and all the parts associated with installing the locker, plus some other amenities. But if im going to put $1500 into another engine might as well put that toward something with more potential. :confused:

·
Nothing to see here
3,889 Posts
I'd be interested in the locker if you want out of the Toyota scene. Give me a call, you have the #

You still haven't said what sort of potential you're looking for. I've seen everything from 100 hp rock crawlers to 1000 hp stadium racers built out of a Toy.

·
Premium Member
8,987 Posts
toy's have the most potential anyway, just depends on how much work you want to do.

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
Well, what do you mean by more potential? Available parts? Trail ruggedness? Easy to work on?

I love having the blazer, and for a 37 year old vehicle it has been rather cheap to maintain. Get any other vehicle from 1973 and see how many trips to the trail you can do without any issues. So I lean towards Chevy just because of the many options I have. There are tons of swaps that can be done, within a reasonable budget. And you gotta figure, my truck has been through just about everything at ORR on 7 cylinders, a busted tranny and transfer case, and a worn out front end.

Jeeps are a good way to go too, IMO, cause of available parts. Tons of people have em. They obviously do well. But then again, Yota's are build well too. And there seem to be a vast array of parts for them. As much as I want your Boggers, I should be telling you to call it a day, part the Yota and buy something else. But just make sure you are making a decision you are going to be happy with. I have invested into my truck cause it's gonna be in my hands for a long while.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
thanks for the info guys this will really help my decision. but Going to do more info searching, contemplating, and decide later.

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
Math_is_hard said:
thanks for the info guys this will really help my decision. but Going to do more info searching, contemplating, and decide later.
Well, just remember summer is coming fast and it will be more fun being a driver than a passenger (unless you are in my topless trail monster! :woohoorun)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Bizeeb65 said:
Well, just remember summer is coming fast and it will be more fun being a driver than a passenger (unless you are in my topless trail monster! :woohoorun)
Your not talking about your girlfriend are you (topless trail monster)? j/k

Im Sorry it was out there and i had to jump on it. hahaha :D

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
Wow... um... no... Besides, this married guy doesnt have a girlfriend, and the Blazer is not rigged up for a kid seat either. :bigthumb:

21 - 40 of 63 Posts