502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Brutalizing Members Since 03
14,852 Posts
I saw the 103 inch version at the NAB show in Vegas last April. I'm sure I'll see this one when I go again this year.

·
Yakuza
8,543 Posts
your character would be pretty much life size.

·
Punking bitches since 1984
9,817 Posts
Here's a picture of it next to last-year's largest, the 103-inch plasma:

·
Registered
15,588 Posts
I saw this on G4 last night, Fucking BALLIN. What I really liked at CES was the short throw projectors. They only need to be about 2 feet away from the screen to put out a 60in. display.

Ps: 150in=12.5 feet. Jesus H Christ. How do you get that in the door?

·
Yakuza
8,543 Posts
I saw this on G4 last night, Fucking BALLIN. What I really liked at CES was the short throw projectors. They only need to be about 2 feet away from the screen to put out a 60in. display.
wow at the projectors. guess I shouldn't have missed G4 then.

Was there a price for the projectors?

·
Yakuza
8,543 Posts

·
Y B C M
1,570 Posts

Ps: 150in=12.5 feet. Jesus H Christ. How do you get that in the door?
I dont think the thing is 12 feet tall is it? 150 is a diagnal (sp) measurement.. of the thing.

it still looks hard to get into a door, it's huge compared to that lady

·
showing you who's boss!!
12,245 Posts
short throw projectors FTW, I agree.

The comparison of last years is unbelievable..

·
I don't like you.
16,086 Posts
that is ridiculous...i mean really. 100k for a TV, jesus i could think of 100k other things to spend that kind of money on, i dont care how "badass" or "baller" it is. i think its dumb.

now those short throw projectors are pretty damn nice. coffee table mounted projector FTW.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
maybe someone can explain this to me...

why would someone get that large of a TV? wouldnt it be much more cost efficient to just get a projector? it seems like u would get the same picture quality.

·
no longer fenixracer?
2,871 Posts
maybe someone can explain this to me...

why would someone get that large of a TV? wouldnt it be much more cost efficient to just get a projector? it seems like u would get the same picture quality.
Projectors have their limitations. You need a light controlled room (very dark for best picture quality), the correct room size/shape/dimensions, and I believe plasmas have significantly better contrast (and/or brightness) than even really good projectors.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
I would buy 4, and put them against each wall in my living room.
Anybody ever read Farenheit 451? I remember reading it for school and it was set in like year 2051. And people had flying cars and "TV Walls." Where you could like interact with other people. Basically just call up your fam wherever they live and everyone sits in front of their tv and you can talk to them and stuff just like they were in your own home. Hm, sorry for making this so long.

·
Still Sippin' Their Kool-Aid
10,681 Posts
Anybody ever read Farenheit 451? I remember reading it for school and it was set in like year 2051. And people had flying cars and "TV Walls." Where you could like interact with other people. Basically just call up your fam wherever they live and everyone sits in front of their tv and you can talk to them and stuff just like they were in your own home. Hm, sorry for making this so long.
BURN THE BOOKS!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts