502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not slammed.
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the clutch in my crx si. I was wopndering if there are any trick that will make putting the transmission back on the block.

The car is on jack stands, the motor is the stock d16a6 and I am stuck.

After school tomorrow I will bring some friends over and try to manhandle it in there. I was just wondering if there are any tricks that I should know about.

Also, are there any tricks to lining up the splines?
Thanks,

-Chris

·
Rusted hood FTL
2,241 Posts
Best thing that worked for me the 349734590 times I had to on my POS is use a hydro jack. Make sure the car is up off the ground a bit and jack the tranny into place while having a buddy balance it from the top and line everything up. From there gently push it forward on to the motor and install two of the top bolts and go from there(I.e.-starter, vss, etc).

Just make sure you have at least one buddy there. And of course, double check the torque specs on the clutch and all so you don't run into a problem later.

·
Super Moderator
12,796 Posts
You need to make sure you use the proper clutch alignment tool when you bolt the clutch assembly on to the flywheel to align the splines concentrically with the crank/ input shaft .

·
146.7 db
462 Posts
easiest way

this works every time i use it. take one of your tranny bolts to lowes or home depot and purchase two 10 inch section of (all thread) just ask they will know.once purchased and back at the house take the (all thread) and thread it into the top two holes on the block for the tranny to easily slide over the (all thread) and line up into place to start bolting it in. this makes it simple cuz your already lined up from the moment you slide it onto the allthread

·
smarter than you
12,705 Posts
if you used the clutch alignment tool, then no trick for the spines. I normally use a jack to get it up there, and then just manhandle it into place by rocking it into place. not too hard. make sure the dowels are in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts