502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been trying to find out how to run the vacumm lines for my 38mm tial wastegate. and i have no idea at the moment. ive got a vacumm maifold. and the turbo has no fittings for a vacumm line. im kinda lost on this part

·
FastEscapes.net! Mod#1
6,555 Posts
ive been trying to find out how to run the vacumm lines for my 38mm tial wastegate. and i have no idea at the moment. ive got a vacumm maifold. and the turbo has no fittings for a vacumm line. im kinda lost on this part
line off the side goes to a vacume source, if used, the line off the top goes to a boost controller

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well i wasn't going to run a boost controller so should i block the top off and run a vacumm line from the vacumm maifold to the side fitting on it.

·
FastEscapes.net! Mod#1
6,555 Posts
just leave the top open, run a line from the side to any vacume source, such as a vacume manifold, or any of the ports on the IM and throttle body

·
smarter than you
12,705 Posts
you really don't have alot of business adding a turbo kit if you can't figure out how to run the vacuum source of a wastegate to the intake manifold.

·
Fab & eng build'n/blueprint'n
37 Posts
dont block of the top let it vent to atmosphere. supply the vacum manifold with a tee on the brake booster, then either tap a fitting as close on the chargepipe to the turbo as possible or just find a good source on the intake manifold and connect that to the bottom or side fitting on the waste gate, then let the top vent to atmosphere...unless you run a boost controller.

·
booooost
17,574 Posts
Why not use a boost controller?

·
booooost
17,574 Posts
Maybe...just maybe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts