502 Street Scene Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 honda civic with a D15B7, i just rec ently added some rota's to it, I was looking to get it lowered and wondering what would be a good reasonable priced coilovers? i was thinking about gettin Tein full coilover set, just wondering if anyone had any advice on this, my car is by no means fast so im just looking for a decent ride, no cheap ebay coilover garbage.

·
Cripple
2,265 Posts
you have cheap wheels wheels might as well have cheap coilovers. with that said skunk2 sleeves are alright for the price and what you want. fyi you are about to fuck up a good car tho

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have rota cb8's I didn't know those were cheap ass wheels? And how am i about to fuck up a good car?

·
1,760 Posts
I wouldn't drop the money for Teins unless you plan on having the car for a while. Teins are worth the money, they ride amazingly for the height you achieve, but if you plan on trading the car around later I would just get some Skunk2's or Omni Powers with KYB shocks.

Nothing wrong with Rotas, either. It's pointless to have wheels worth half the value of your car IMO.

·
Gangnam style
2,060 Posts
Everybody likes koni yellows with ground controls. If your keeping your car awhile. I say Apexi N1 or Tein Flex. I know its pricey but You get what you pay for.

Reactions: shiftdrift

·
Gangnam style
2,060 Posts
Wow, any wheel will fail under extreme conditions. Regardless the brand. Nice scare tactics though. I don't think a 120 hp honda will accomplish that.

·
fabricator
4,820 Posts
Wow, any wheel will fail under extreme conditions. Regardless the brand. Nice scare tactics though. I don't think a 120 hp honda will accomplish that.
You are stupid if you think rotas aren't junk. Take a real wheel and take a rota, see which one breaks. Easier. I'll post the video that wed has

·
Gangnam style
2,060 Posts
I didn't say they were junk or not. I think for this application its ok.
One video has already been posted on 502. I think it was Volk against rota or something. It was debated on there.

·
Cripple
2,265 Posts
Scare tactics? what the fuck would i want to use scare tactics for? im not selling shit. im just proving a point that they are junk ass wheels. is there something im missing about hondas not hitting potholes? curbs? debris? or how about when he slams the car on its nuts with no suspension travel and blown shocks and doesnt see a speed bump?

·
Gangnam style
2,060 Posts
Scare tactics? what the fuck would i want to use scare tactics for? im not selling shit. im just proving a point that they are junk ass wheels. is there something im missing about hondas not hitting potholes? curbs? debris? or how about when he slams the car on its nuts with no suspension travel and blown shocks and doesnt see a speed bump?
Well I guess you proved your point with pictures. Pictures with no explanation that caused wheel failure. The first picture look like a track car and maybe not a honda. So why would a track car use rotas hmmm. A sponsor car at that. Unless the stickers are rice. I mean wouldn't they use Volks.
As far as daily driving. I'm sure rota has to meet safety standard like any other wheel brand. If not, There probably be a mass recall or something.
And your last statement is pure stereo type. This person might not do that.
Also I've seen Rotas other cars on this site. It's definitely not a honda only thing.

·
Gangnam style
2,060 Posts
if you curb a wed, ray, ssr, enkei etc. that won't happen.
So they don't get curb rash? If they do then they will have to be replaced. Rather replace a rota then a expensive wheel that 2 times more. Or don't hit curbs.

·
Gangnam style
2,060 Posts
who the fuck replaces a wheel after getting curb rash? because i know for a damn fact it's easy as shit to fix curb rash.
People that have money. Probably annoying for some. Maybe easier to replace rather then fix.

·
Cripple
2,265 Posts
Well I guess you proved your point with pictures. Pictures with no explanation that caused wheel failure. The first picture look like a track car and maybe not a honda. So why would a track car use rotas hmmm. A sponsor car at that. Unless the stickers are rice. I mean wouldn't they use Volks.
As far as daily driving. I'm sure rota has to meet safety standard like any other wheel brand. If not, There probably be a mass recall or something.
And your last statement is pure stereo type. This person might not do that.
Also I've seen Rotas other cars on this site. It's definitely not a honda only thing.
never said it was a honda thing.

why do you need an explation (of what) caused the failure? they failed, enough said.

yes, thats an evo, but in rally's its not unusual to have sponsors pay for fees, hotels, equipment and not the actual car.

And stereotypes, one word, are there for a reason. who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong.

·
fabricator
4,820 Posts
People that have money. Probably annoying for some. Maybe easier to replace rather then fix.
i honestly don't know anyone that has nice wheels that would replace them if they got curb rash. you can take them to the wheel doctor for like 50-100 a wheel and they will look brand new. i just used a flap disc that was rough grit and cleaned them up, then used 180, 320 etc.

·
Cripple
2,265 Posts
So they don't get curb rash? If they do then they will have to be replaced. Rather replace a rota then a expensive wheel that 2 times more. Or don't hit curbs.
So you'd rather replace a broken rota, and everything that gets destroyed when that wheel breaks, than fix a curbed or dented quality wheel?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts