502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the thread bitches!!!
[ I found out about three weeks after I got married that I knocked my wife up. I spent about 30 minutes freaking out and since I have been pumped. I was married in Nov. and have had plenty of time to let it sink in so the scary part has turned into a happy nervousness. If anyone has any advise I am open to it. My biggest scare is that I have until May 2010 before I graduate from Pharmacy School at UK and my kid will be here in June , so I wonder how I will afford it. I am scared but I am excited, give me some advice please.]

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about the bitch. i had the opportunity to have some drinks tonight so I am a bit tipsy and thus I layed my situation out there.

·
Hates Ricers!
9,850 Posts
Just suck it up and make sure you finish school. Having a kid is not as draining money wise as I am told by most my friends with kids. You will be fine.

·
\""/ + ( . Y . )
18,730 Posts
congrats to you! I'm sure you will make it work out

·
seriously.
2,602 Posts
Take out more loans if need be.

Hell, you're going to end up a small home worth in debt when you get out as it is! What's a few thousand more? :D

Plus, your salary isn't exactly going to be meager either and you don't have to pay it all back at once.;)

Oh yeah, and CONGRATS!!

·
Libertarian
4,480 Posts
You make it work. For your kids you make it work. You sound like you are getting things setup well with school and marriage. Congrates and good luck. Raise em right.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Read the thread bitches!!!
[ I found out about three weeks after I got married that I knocked my wife up. I spent about 30 minutes freaking out and since I have been pumped. I was married in Nov. and have had plenty of time to let it sink in so the scary part has turned into a happy nervousness. If anyone has any advise I am open to it. My biggest scare is that I have until May 2010 before I graduate from Pharmacy School at UK and my kid will be here in June , so I wonder how I will afford it. I am scared but I am excited, give me some advice please.]
Congrats!!!

The freak out is normal, but being married probably made it not so bad for you. Feel fortunate, i was freshly broken up with my girl when I found out. I look at it as a gift now. I realized that i'm the only one of my brothers and sisters that have not given my parents grandchildren. Considering the health of my father and we have known some time now that his years are shortly numbered, I feel greatful to give this gift now more than ever. I would feel bad being the only child to not get the chance to let him hold a small piece of me that started with me (what he and my mother created). My father prides himself in his grandchildren and children.
You'll find lots of things to feel this way about. Sharing something 50/50 with your wife that is of both of you should be a dream come true. Remember a child is everything it's parents are and more in the long run. You should be:D big time now. You'll feel like nothing is different but when you get the first ultrasound...you'll be :hsdance:and:wtc: with joy...I was

·
HOOOO!
10,414 Posts
My biggest scare is that I have until May 2010 before I graduate from Pharmacy School at UK and my kid will be here in June , so I wonder how I will afford it. I am scared but I am excited, give me some advice please.]

Kids = huge tax breaks, have another one!!!!!!!!!!

You'll make it work as other's have said. Create a budget for you and your wife cutting back on the "wants" so you can afford all the "needs". I believe huggies, papmers, infamil, etc have some type of expecting mother sign up deal or possibly through a 3rd party. They send all kinds of free samples that you could stock up on to help out a little. Someone signed me up for it as I got a lot of baby mail congratulating me on mother hood along with diapers, bottles, formula, etc!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts