502 Street Scene Forums banner

1 - 20 of 300 Posts

·
Banned
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started last fall when I picked up the 5th Gen from Edwardsville IL. Just couldn't pass up the deal. 6700 with 106k. At the time, the car had more visual mods than performance upgrades.
It had an Invader front bumper, Black Widow side skirts and rear bumper, 15" Deep Ported Sup with a Kicker amp, 17" Helo Tease rims with FK451 Z-Rated, AEM true cold air, rear sway bar, and the exhaust was split from the resonator and back into a dual tip to fit the rear bumper.
Things got interesting when the timing belt autotensioner went out in November last year. It lost tension and the belt shredded up in the gears while I was cruisin' 80mph on I-65 while going to work. Everyone said that with these interference motors, any slight adjustment in the timing would be a disaster.
I took everyone's word for it and went shopping for another engine. At first I was just going to find a stock one just to get the car runnin' again. But something caught my eye in the for sale section on this site.
"Fully Built H22 $3000.00 OBO
BUILT H22 ENGINE A1 BLOCK SLEEVED BY ERL WITH DARTON MID RACING SLEEVES 89.5 MM. STOCK H22 CRANK KNIFEDGED AND BALANCED BY ENDYN AND FITTED WITH CALICO COATED ACL RACE BEARINGS, CROWER BILLET STEEL H-BEAM W/ ARP BOLTS, WIESCO FORGED PISTONS CALICO COATED, COMETIC MLS HEAD GASKET AND ARP HEAD STUDS, ARP MAIN STUDS AND PRO DRIVE OIL PUMP. HEAD HAS BEEN RACE PORTED BY ENDYN INCLUDING CLOVERLEAFED CHAMBERS, AND FITTED WITH STAINLESS VALVES, SKUNK2 SPRINGS AND TITANIUM RETAINERS, AS WELL AS NEW LOST MOTION ASSEMBLIES, AND SKUNK 2 STAGE 2 CAMS AND GEARS. ENGINE HAS A OBX ALUMINUM OIL PAN. THE HEAD WAS RAN FOR 6 RACES NA IN A CIVIC THEN THE BOTTOM END WAS REBUILT FOR A TURBO MOTOR. ENGINE IS COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED AND READY."
After doing some research, just adding up the parts that he used to build this engine exceed his $3000 price, nevermind the labor charges. I ended up talking him down to $2800.00. I also picked up his 4 puck clutch assembly and ACT Pro-light 9.9 lb flywheel for only $200.
To me, it made perfect sense to spend a few hundred dollars more for an engine with an ass load of potential, rather than just another stock engine that would need to be re-sleeved for any serious power adders.
Now that I have this built h22a1, a lot of shit had to be converted from OBD2 to OBD1 in order for everything to work smoothly. Such things like changing out the distributor, injectors, ECU, and injector plugs. On top of the conversion, since I had the engine out, I figured it would be a good idea to do a few more upgrades to unleash a little more power here and there. About $4300.00 later, including the engine, clutch and flywheel, I picked up the following parts. Some were pretty good deals.
1. DC Sports 4-2-1 Header for $75.00
2. RC 550cc Injectors for $50.00
3. Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Manifold for $160.00
4. Visteon Radiator for $100.00
5. Quaife Hellical Limited Slip Differential for $625.00

When the tax returns come in, I'll be picking up the Chipped ECU and Hondata S300 from Phearable ECU's. I'm replacing the axles with Advance Auto Parts' Lifetime Warranty OEM axles for now, since she'll be n/a till the turbo kit goes on. I've also picked up a set of 2006 RSX Type-S rims to get rid of those chrome rims that distract me more than they attract. Thanks to a really good friend of mine, all that's left is the installation of the LSD into the tranny, and the port-match and polishing of the Skunk2 Intake. Then we can begin the installation progress.
I might add that after the removal of the stock engine, and after pulling off the head, we found that the engine is free of any damage. I ran a leak-down test on the head and it passed. It's up for sale right now, including many of the parts that are being replaced with aftermarket performance upgrades. See my signature below for details. I guess something good came out of the timing belt disaster anyway. I'll keep this updated as the build goes on, and I'll add new pics as well.

·
booooost
17,574 Posts
FUCKING SICK LOOKING piece of shit dude, fail.

Reactions: slow3G and .Foster

·
Banned
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I posted this about 30 secs ago and I know you didnt even try to read any of this. GTFO if you just wanna go from thread to thread downing 4 bangers. Get a life dude, seriously. This wasn't put on here to debate with fucktards.

·
booooost
17,574 Posts
Just logged on actually and was the top new post. Hammer time dude, I bet that sea gull is gonna fly.

Reactions: metzger

·
Banned
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just logged on actually and was the top new post. Hammer time dude, I bet that sea gull is gonna fly.
NVM. I'm done responding to you. I don't want to reduce my IQ to your level to understand why you're such a dick.

·
Banned
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a god awful lookng vehicle
It's in the works man. The rims are just the start. Trust me, those RSX rims look hellagood compared to those in the pics.

·
Banned
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can this fucking car just explode already? I'm tired of hearing about it.
Another retard. :rolleyes: Don't like it? It's your opinion. Don't read it if you don't like it. Nobody care's what you think.

·
Tilt Life
3,183 Posts
Sorry man, but that thing is fucking ugly. The interior looks to be in good shape except for that honda logo on the dash and the white face gauges, unless those are stock? Lose the body kit and quit talking about your overpriced motor and you'll hear a lot less shit from people.

·
F.B.G.M.
2,609 Posts
nice build but the cosmetics need a major overhaul.. you should return the whole exterior to stock and just get an oem lip kit :twocents:

·
Banned
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry man, but that thing is fucking ugly. The interior looks to be in good shape except for that honda logo on the dash and the white face gauges, unless those are stock? Lose the body kit and quit talking about your overpriced motor and you'll hear a lot less shit from people.
I'm not asking you for your biased opinion. Nobody cares what you think either.

BUILT H22 ENGINE A1 BLOCK SLEEVED BY ERL WITH DARTON MID RACING SLEEVES 89.5 MM. STOCK H22 CRANK KNIFEDGED AND BALANCED BY ENDYN AND FITTED WITH CALICO COATED ACL RACE BEARINGS, CROWER BILLET STEEL H-BEAM W/ ARP BOLTS, WIESCO FORGED PISTONS CALICO COATED, COMETIC MLS HEAD GASKET AND ARP HEAD STUDS, ARP MAIN STUDS AND PRO DRIVE OIL PUMP. HEAD HAS BEEN RACE PORTED BY ENDYN INCLUDING CLOVERLEAFED CHAMBERS, AND FITTED WITH STAINLESS VALVES, SKUNK2 SPRINGS AND TITANIUM RETAINERS, AS WELL AS NEW LOST MOTION ASSEMBLIES, AND SKUNK 2 STAGE 2 CAMS AND GEARS. ENGINE HAS A OBX ALUMINUM OIL PAN. THE HEAD WAS RAN FOR 6 RACES NA IN A CIVIC THEN THE BOTTOM END WAS REBUILT FOR A TURBO MOTOR. $2800.00.

You're calling this engine overpriced? Just the parts are worth more than that. Do more research bro.

·
Beaters gonna beat
7,513 Posts
I'd pull. Really fucking hard at that.

Nice build thread

Oh wait, nice buy thread.

Edit: you just posted before me. I'll bet you don't have 2 shits worth of knowledge what a cloverleafed chamber is, what it does, or how it works. Don't come on here talking all big baller shit about how expensive an engine is, and how you are putting them shits into a kitted 5th gen prelude. Quit quoting that shit, you aren't impressing anyone dude.

The engine sounds fantastic. Im sure it sounds even more fantastic when you dont have any idea what that shit means though. Buying a rowdy engine does give you bragging rights though. Oh wait, no it doesn't.

-Drew

·
Banned
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
slow=no tickets...thats a lie
1,107 Posts
i agree
Wow, I posted this about 30 secs ago and I know you didnt even try to read any of this. GTFO if you just wanna go from thread to thread downing 4 bangers. Get a life dude, seriously. This wasn't put on here to debate with fucktards.
and dave has had his share of 4bangers, so i think hes got the option to say its junk, considering it looks like ass.
i think pull a part giving 160 a ton for junk, go see what its worth

·
Banned
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i agree

and dave has had his share of 4bangers, so i think hes got the option to say its junk, considering it looks like ass.
i think pull a part giving 160 a ton for junk, go see what its worth
Have IQ's dropped sharply all over 502? What the fuck is your problem?

·
F.B.G.M.
2,609 Posts
dude, if u cant take the heat then id advise you not to post on this forum... everyone knows that is what 502 is all about

·
slow=no tickets...thats a lie
1,107 Posts
Reactions: Cerevo
1 - 20 of 300 Posts