502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have $1500 - $2000 to spend. I was thinking about getting the Macbook, but I heard that there is some new Macbooks coming out in the next couple of weeks or so in a Apple conference. I like Sony laptops too, but what should I get? I would like 13 to 15 inch screen, and at least 2.0 ghz speed and at least 2 gb ram.

·
4 Door Sleeper
1,405 Posts
I can get you

Dell 17" WXGA Widescreen
2.13ghz Core Duo
Windows Vista Premium
2GB DDR2
160GB 7200RPM HD
8300GS /w 256MB DDR2 Graphics (DX10)
DVD/CDRW Burner 8x
for like 1100.00 lmk

·
booooost
17,574 Posts
I bought a MacBook about a month ago and love it. My first Mac and I have no intentions of going back to windows.

Plus with Mac, no worries of viruses or spyware.

·
Y B C M
1,570 Posts
mac book = more expensive for... not more power...

I dont see myself paying for a name ..

but on the plus side most people that get macbooks like them..

·
4 Door Sleeper
1,405 Posts
Most people who make viruses make them for pc's, not macs.
the ironic thing is, more people that buy mac, this will change ... actually it already has

Nothing is immue to virus/trojan attacks; if some asshat wants to build it, its going to jack up every mac out there

---> its coming...

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
I bought a MacBook about a month ago and love it. My first Mac and I have no intentions of going back to windows.

Plus with Mac, no worries of viruses or spyware.
But how do you tell your parents you like hairy man balls in your face?

Reactions: ybcm

·
HEMI
1,642 Posts
ill sell you my tablet for 1100, not new but in great shape and has all the goodies

·
booooost
17,574 Posts
But how do you tell your parents you like hairy man balls in your face?
I'm still in the closet right now. Would rather worry about that later in time.

But back on topic. Yes Macs are expensive and you can get more performance from other names. But Mac/Apple is good quality and a MUCH better OS IMO. My computer came with the core duo processor, 1 gig memory and 160gb hard drive. And I think its a 13.3 inch widescreen.

Me, and I'm sure a lot of other people, have had their Windows crash numerous times and had to have it reformatted. This has happened to be many times and I got tired of it so I wanted to try out the Mac OS.

The only real way for you to see what you want, is to go to Best Buy, The Apple Store etc and play with them. I went to The Apple Store MANY times and just stood there messing around with the MacBook for up to an hour or so, making sure it was what I wanted. And the more I played and learned, the more I began to like it. The OS X has a LOT of neat features for it and is actually quite easy to use once you get the hang of it. I have not had 1 problem with it since I have had it. Only thing I recommend is to make sure you get the AppleCare plan. It's $250 for a 3 year service. Includes maintanence, repairs etc. I believe once every year you can take it in there and they do a free tune up as well. Thats another good thing about Mac is you can just take it to The Apple Store, have whatever it is you need done to it, and have it back in a few days. Rather than just shipping it out, etc.

Like I said, best way to go is to just go and play around on the kind you want. I spent a lot of time at Apple playing on this computer, then finally I walked in there one day cash in hand and walked out with one. So far so good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts