502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
97 nissan altima. 4 Cil. Cream/tan color with cream/tan interior. 81,000 miles, I got it for 1,500 and i know that there is nothing wrong with it. I would like to upgrade it if at all possible, the engine and after that the looks. The thing is i dont want that color. so if anyone knows anything about these cars please let me know. thanks!

the questions are...

a. If i where to paint the car. How much do you think it would be for me to Change the enterior??

b. What can i put on a nissan altima?? engine enhanceing and such things/

c. Whats the usual life span on an altima??

Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'd stick with intake/exhaust if I were you. And as long as you take care of it, and the previous owner took car of it, it'll last indefinatly.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
dude get real, it's an altima, a mom car

just drive it to school and get an education so you can afford a car worth modding

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the last owner personally. It alawys took around a 7 year old. So i know they worn't hard on the engine. And how much would and intake/exhaust run me?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, flatl1n3. Thanks for beeing honist :D I wasn't sure if this car was even going to be worth it :) You just answered my question :D

·
something clever?
5,810 Posts
Oh, to be young with my first car again.

It's almost certainly not worth the time and certainly not worth the money to fiddle with a 97 altima much. Painting (especially color changes) are expensive or time consuming. To pay someone to paint the car and then buy a different interior would be enough to get you to a different car.

With that being said, if I were in your shoes I'd rock the cream tan.

..yes, I know they are old civic sedans and they aren't exactly cream, but hopefully, you get the idea.

If it were mine, I'd lower it, gett a good set of struts, put some black wheels on it and maybe an exhaust. Call it a day, and try not to wreck it ;)

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Maxima's are mom cars too and they ROCK alot of cars world.

You can turbo the KA, which has been done on Altima's here and there. It's a perfect motor to turbo sounds like since it's been taken care of.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
97 nissan altima. 4 Cil. Cream/tan color with cream/tan interior. 81,000 miles, I got it for 1,500 and i know that there is nothing wrong with it. I would like to upgrade it if at all possible, the engine and after that the looks. The thing is i dont want that color. so if anyone knows anything about these cars please let me know. thanks!

the questions are...

a. If i where to paint the car. How much do you think it would be for me to Change the enterior??
-Dont paint it. Rock it the way it is. It'll cost at least 1500 to paint and change the interior pieces. Not worth it.

b. What can i put on a nissan altima?? engine enhanceing and such things?
-Depends if your going NA or turbo. NA just stick with the basic intake,exhaust,headers, etc. I'm going Turbo though.

c. Whats the usual life span on an altima??
-Forever with proper maintenance and some TLC. I've seen 300k mile altimas before and boosted ones with around 200k. Just depends.

Thanks again everyone.
Congrats on the pick up man. Is it a 5spd? Dont listen to anybody on here. Altima's can be turned into amazing cars. A stock altima has almost exactly the same hp/weight ratio as a civic ex coupe. If you are really serious about modding your altima, pm me. I can pretty much tell you everything you will ever want to know about first/second gens. Try nissanclub.com too. They have some good info there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts